The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Accomodation finding -Coming to Belfast this September

Hi alll

I am going to QUB this September, with my wife and two preschoolers. The accomodation provided by QUB is too expensive. I would appreciate any advice / help!

P.S. I heard that Belfast's life can be boring. Is it true?
Reply 1
I would suggest looking at the website propertypal and type in the post code of the university for nearby accommodation. I would avoid places like the Holylands if you were there moving with your family just because its a very young-student area with lots of partying and noise late in the night. Areas that are nice would be around Lisburn Road, Stranmillis and Malone Road. Travel times to the main campus can range from 3-15 minutes depending what road you live on. I find the accommodation prices to be a lot cheaper than QUB provided accommodation however this is depending on what you want from the house. I know some landlords sometimes include bills within the price. Also I find Belfast a very nice place to live, its still got the city buzz surrounding it while being surrounded by lovely natural beauty. There are many locations around Northern Ireland that are ideal to bring your family out for the weekend. There is also many things to do in Belfast, and a range of bars and restaurants as well as entertainment in places like the Lyric Theatre and the Opera House. Good luck with finding a place and hope you enjoy Queens!
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 2
Original post by Hoangnd
P.S. I heard that Belfast's life can be boring. Is it true?

PS. No :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest