The Student Room Group

Am I just a friend to him? :(

I started work few weeks ago. There is this one guy (Sam) who helps me in everything. He is essentially my work buddy. Recently I have been teasing him quite a lot and well he does the same back. Just really comfortable with each other. He calls me cheeky quite a lot (When he thinks I'm being rude to him or when i tease him)and I don't know if thats a good thing or bad thing. But I really like him. I don't know if he realises that... I don't really know if he is like that with everybody though because he himself is quite cheeky.
He has said stuff to me like go ask for his number then to a customer, when i told him i liked their eyes.
Also when i asked another colleague for help (He and the colleague where standing next to each other) he said he was disappointed i didn't ask him.
He also asked if I knew this other member of staff (A young handsome lad also)(Call him jack) and when i said no i didn't and asked why he replied "Just" and carried on with his work.
Yesterday I got a chance to meet Jack and he is a really friendly easy to get along with guy and well jack is just naturally flirty and was talking to me quite a bit. I think sam saw. Towards the end of the day Sam seemed really tired/down/sad and i asked why. He replied with "Its unbelievable how cheeky you are asking me that" (Or something like that, can't remember exactly) and then at home time we were walking the same way home but he left only a min before me but didn't wait for me to walk together.
Am i just a friend to him because i really like him but if he doesn't seem to like me i don't want to get upset over a guy.

Thank you.
Welcome to the Love Triangle :colone:
Seriously it's only a decision you can make. You know one of them will be hurt, but that's what life is
You seem quite young and naive, at the end of the day if he doesn't like you don't buy into the snowflake ideaology that there's "one special person", people are interchangable with different personalities and outlooks, you will find someone else. If he does like you then yeah great but again ask yourself if you want to pursue a relationship with this Sam guy.
Reply 3
Original post by Danny the Geezer
You seem quite young and naive, at the end of the day if he doesn't like you don't buy into the snowflake ideaology that there's "one special person", people are interchangable with different personalities and outlooks, you will find someone else. If he does like you then yeah great but again ask yourself if you want to pursue a relationship with this Sam guy.

I really really like sam and I don't know why he walked away from me when leaving work. He was so off with me by the end of the day. Was it just him being jealous or what?.. Im off work for a week or two so it will give him space.
What he did seems like he got jealous but I also don't understand why he hasn't asked for my number to text me either?
I really want to talk to him more and get to know him. I just don't understand guys.
Thank you for your help though!
Original post by Anonymous15
I really really like sam and I don't know why he walked away from me when leaving work. He was so off with me by the end of the day. Was it just him being jealous or what?.. Im off work for a week or two so it will give him space.
What he did seems like he got jealous but I also don't understand why he hasn't asked for my number to text me either?
I really want to talk to him more and get to know him. I just don't understand guys.
Thank you for your help though!

You've lost me tbh, good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending