Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Bradford City meet Blackpool 'keeper Colin Doyle's £1 release clause watch

ReputationRep:
    Bradford City have activated a £1 release clause in Blackpool goalkeeper Colin Doyle's contract, according to Sky sources.

The 6ft 5in 'keeper, capped once by the Republic of Ireland, will follow goalkeeping coach Steve Banks to Valley Parade.

Despite Blackpool's relegation to League Two last season, Doyle enjoyed an impressive campaign and the Bantams are keen to bring him back to League One next season.

The 31-year-old spent 12 years with Birmingham City but made just 64 appearances, spending most of the period on various loan stints.

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...release-clause

ReputationRep:
    I wonder what the tax on that is

ReputationRep:
    reminds me of the days when football transfers did cost £1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    reminds me of the days when football transfers did cost £1
    In Arsene Wenger's case, it would have still been a penny short.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 10, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.