Turn on thread page Beta

13th July: What scares you about the future? watch

• Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    The future can be a scary place. With so much uncertainty in the world, it’s hard not to give in to fear. Whether you’re scared of what the future holds, or the way the world is changing, let’s talk it out.

Do you worry about the world we live in? Are you frightened all the time? Has fear turned you into someone you don’t like?

Fear can frighten us away from being who we are, or make us behave badly towards others. Whether you’re scared of something in particular, or just worried about what the future holds, tune in on Wednesday 13th July to share your story and get some sound advice from Gemma and Dr Radha.

Please note: You can post on this forum anonymously.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by BBC Radio 1)
    The future can be a scary place. With so much uncertainty in the world, it’s hard not to give in to fear. Whether you’re scared of what the future holds, or the way the world is changing, let’s talk it out.

Do you worry about the world we live in? Are you frightened all the time? Has fear turned you into someone you don’t like?

Fear can frighten us away from being who we are, or make us behave badly towards others. Whether you’re scared of something in particular, or just worried about what the future holds, tune in on Wednesday 13th July to share your story and get some sound advice from Gemma and Dr Radha.

I try not to worry too much about the future anymore, i accept that bad things will probably happen and try to live in the moment.

ReputationRep:
    That I wouldn't be able to pursue the career I want (film industry)
    I feel like it can be quite difficult to get in. And I feel there might be a chance where I have to slightly go down a different route.

ReputationRep:

The extinction of other species, terrorism, greenhouse runaway, global warming, deforestation, bad grades at GCSE, bad grades at A level, bad grades at University

ReputationRep:
    I confess that I do worry about the prevalence of social media and how reliant the majority of people have become upon it in recent years. I know that that is rich coming from someone who uses a forum website to voice their opinions, but I'm specifically talking about those people who use social media 24/7, use it as a cheap means of recognition, are unaware that there are more meaningful ways of communication etc.

I find it all to be soulless, belittling and damaging upon one's own self-esteem.

ReputationRep:
    Never knew BBC had an official account on TSR.
    Hello :hello:

ReputationRep:
    Having to bother with a Visa/getting EU citizenship after I'm done with uni. Not gonna drag up the whole debate but since before I started uni I knew the UK wasn't for me but I at least expected getting an overseas job to be pretty straightforward...but considering the mess the government is in atm (in pretty much each party) and the still massive amount of uncertainty about the future, I just wanna be able to complete my goals.

ReputationRep:
    That I'm being too optimistic...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That i won't get a first
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    There is just one thing which scares me for the future: being alone. I always imagine for my own being the last human of my family alive, seeing my friends and acquaintances dying one after another. Without loveable people in my surrounding, my life seems to be so meaningless. No people to share good and bad times, no people to talk about to. I am afraid this comes true for myself, sooner or later.*

ReputationRep:
    I worry about losing my loved ones mostly. I especially worry about my papa as his health isn't too good at the moment and his transplant is on hold because of it. I worry my papa won't make it to my wedding and that honestly makes my heart drop :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What that got to with 13 july tho.....
    I am scared of the world, not getting a job, future life...... I'll tell u later in more details

ReputationRep:
    Scared about the future but i don't think much about it

Death

ReputationRep:
    The BBC news can have a lot of scaremongering in it

ReputationRep:
    Failure and not being happy really.

ReputationRep:
    Failure and therefore not being able to do what I love.

Or just generally being unhappy in the future lmao.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Moonstruck16)
    That I'm being too optimistic... *
    What about being realistic?

(Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Failure and not being happy really.
    And when you were failured in your opinion? everyone of us has a different view.*

That we won't see pokemon GO in UK play store for long period of time.

Other than that, nothing really.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm very scared of terrorism, and the road that UK politics is going down, especially the possible consequences of Brexit. It makes me feel so hopeless about the future. I won't go certain places because of a fear of terrorism. I know that living in fear is what the terrorists want but I can't be brazen about it and pretend I don't care.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Welcome to the official BBC Radio 1: The Surgery forum. This forum is a chance for you to ask your questions and join the discussion here, you may even get a chance to get involved live on air.

Listen to the show live here

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.