Turn on thread page Beta

What would you have played at your funeral? Sorry - depressing! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Don't mean to be depressing. Just interested. Would you have a sad song for people to cry to or something to make them feel better/make them laugh.

As a sad song, I would have "Who wants to live forever" by Queen - one of their greatest songs, I reckon.

Loads of people say they want funny things played e.g. "...going up to the spirit in the sky..." or Jamiroquai - "Im going deeper underground" - can't think of any more...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMutantGerbil)
    Don't mean to be depressing. Just interested. Would you have a sad song for people to cry to or something to make them feel better/make them laugh.

As a sad song, I would have "Who wants to live forever" by Queen - one of their greatest songs, I reckon.

Loads of people say they want funny things played e.g. "...going up to the spirit in the sky..." or Jamiroquai - "Im going deeper underground" - can't think of any more...
    I'd have "These are the days" by Van Morrison, "Fire and Rain" by James Taylor and that one good song by Frances Ruffell... "Lonely Symphony"

I love all of these songs, I'd have them instead of hymms seen as I'm not that religious. People could sing along, or they could just listen. I'd hope that the songs would remind people of me.

As for funny songs... there's always "Bye Bye Baby" by the Bay City Rollers, like they had in Love, Actually. I thought that whole 'play a song over a montage of pictures' thing was rather good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMutantGerbil)
    As a sad song, I would have "Who wants to live forever" by Queen - one of their greatest songs, I reckon....
    Would have to agree.

The sun has got its hat on, hip hip hip hooray.....etc

It would make it a far less melancholy day for those i care about.

ReputationRep:
    one or two of these:
    "the end" by the doors, "suicide is painless", "death on two legs" by queen, "keep yourself alive" by queen, "in the lap of the gods" by queen, "all dead, all dead" by queen, "too much love will kill you" by queen again, "another one bites the dust", "another brick in the wall" by pink floyd, "great king rat" by queen, "sheer heart attack" by queen, "dead on time" by queen

I wouldnt mind any of these being played, but i'd probably go for "another one bites the dust", and the other one dependant on what i died of, altho obviously i wont be around to stipulate, unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    I would have Beulah Land sung. Including an extra verse that one of my uncles wrote.

ReputationRep:
    Im not so sure, possibly you are my sunshine, sung by a special guest vocalist, or something.

ReputationRep:
    Time of Your Life - Greenday and The Show Must Go On - Queen are 2 that I want played at my funeral.

ReputationRep:
    I'd wanna go for the ironic/funny tunes, sums me up:

Gloria Gaynor - I will Survive

ReputationRep:
    so no one wants anything classical like Verdi's or Mozart's Requiem......
    or is it too religious.

both amazing pieces - i just played the Verdi in two concerts last night.

ReputationRep:
    Id go for 'Yellow Submarine' and 'All these ****** and all the ho's'....just to offend people and coz funerals can be a little dull...and then as everyone was leaving the church/wherever...it would have to be a quick verse of 'another one bites the dust'

ReputationRep:
    I don't care - since I will be dead I cannot care. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cossack)
    Id go for 'Yellow Submarine' and 'All these ****** and all the ho's'....just to offend people and coz funerals can be a little dull...and then as everyone was leaving the church/wherever...it would have to be a quick verse of 'another one bites the dust'
    lol

ReputationRep:
    Joy Division's Love Will Tear Us Apart, followed by the Bee Gee's Stayin' Alive. I may Blue Monday in there too.

It weuld have to played on a proper HIFI seperates system though and the church would have be accusticaly damaped to support this.

Every night club most open in Manchester on the day of my funeral and I will be burried underneath 5th Avenue night club

I don't expect much really

ReputationRep:
    The Jam - Going Underground

...I'll get my coat...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    The Jam - Going Underground

...I'll get my coat...
    followed up by sneaker pimps, 'deeper underground'

.... could you grab mine while you're there

ReputationRep:
    my friend said she wanted burn baby burn played at her cremation

ReputationRep:
    A Song for You, by the Carpenters.

For the lines: "And when my life is over, remember when we were together"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Specialheffa)
    I'd wanna go for the ironic/funny tunes, sums me up:

Gloria Gaynor - I will Survive
    I know someone (or knew! lol!) who had that! And the had Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life (which I gues is actually fairly common).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icklehc)
    my friend said she wanted burn baby burn played at her cremation
    aww thats awfull ...... but funny if u see what i mean

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.