Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What would you have played at your funeral? Sorry - depressing! watch

ReputationRep:
    I would want pulse of the maggots by slipknot, bring me to life by evanescence, dual of the fates by john williams and this is halloween by danny elfman.

ReputationRep:
    I think i would have "Caught out there" by Kelis Just the chorus of course. I would like it to deliver my final thoughts

ReputationRep:
    I wanted Independant Women by Destinys Child but I now want My Immortal by Evanescence because it is my favourite song.

ReputationRep:
    Thank God I'm not the only person who thinks about this!

Even though I'm not the hugest Westlife fan, I'd like 'Angel' from their 'World of our own' albumn. It so pretty.

(And I'm an angel, lol )

ReputationRep:
    Not really sure, but I remember my sister saying she was gonna have 'Always look on the bright side of life' playing at hers.

ReputationRep:
    New Found Glory - Sorry

ReputationRep:
    One Sweet Day - Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men

'And I know you're shining down on me from heaven
    Like so many friends we've lost along the way
    And I know eventually we'll be together
    One sweet day'

Beautiful song... and still a record holder on the Billboard top 100! 16 weeks at #1, go Mariah!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to have a funeral, but if I did I'd have Orion played.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mickey Mouse)
    I'm not going to have a funeral
    What are you going to have :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kate A)
    One Sweet Day - Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men

'And I know you're shining down on me from heaven
    Like so many friends we've lost along the way
    And I know eventually we'll be together
    One sweet day'

Beautiful song... and still a record holder on the Billboard top 100! 16 weeks at #1, go Mariah!!!
    That is a quality tune.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    That is a quality tune.
    anything with boyz 2 men in is good!
    and mariah!
    id like to have something by sarah mclachlan played just because her voice is angelic

ReputationRep:
    Definitely definitely 100% No One But You (Only the Good Die Young) by Queen. I completely adore that song. Other than that probably the ending of Les Miserables. It's so powerful {sniffle}

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    so no one wants anything classical like Verdi's or Mozart's Requiem......
    or is it too religious.

both amazing pieces - i just played the Verdi in two concerts last night.
    I want Mozart's! Or at least the Confutatis and Lacrimosa, or Libera me from Fauré's requiem. Unfortunately I'm not a Catholic, so I don't think I can have a Requiem.

I would have hymns, but I can't think which ones right now. Certainly "Abide with me" and "God be with you till we meet again."

My friend's Dad had "American Pie" as the coffin came in, I don't know why, but it made me break down totally. I think some of the Queen suggestions are great (I'd have "Don't stop me now") but I don't think I could inflict that on my family. My Grandma's funeral was really well put together, loads of people commented on it, and the church was overflowing. I was really touched

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icklehc)
    anything with boyz 2 men in is good!
    and mariah!
    id like to have something by sarah mclachlan played just because her voice is angelic
    Michael Jackson prefers Boys 2 Men
    I'd like something like 'Road to Hell' or 'Highway to Hell' at mine for comic effect. Or more seriously, One by U2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpollodiablouk)
    I'd like something like 'Road to Hell' or 'Highway to Hell' at mine for comic.
    True thats what i was thinking when i said mine. But people on this thread are taking it a bit too far :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpollodiablouk)
    I'd like something like 'Road to Hell' or 'Highway to Hell' at mine for comic effect.
    Do you really think you could inflict that on your family though? They might not appreciate the comic genius at the time. :eek:

Depending on circumstances, I might have "Last Night of the World" from Miss Saigon.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind having something like Baba O'riley by The Who...and when Townshend's solo kicks in I would burst out of my coffin and perform the solo as a human puppet operated by strings attached to my grey lifeless limbs...

failing that, something by The Beach Boys i guess...'God Only Knows' or 'Forever'...

ReputationRep:
    Oooh, how about What a Waster by the Libertines

ReputationRep:
    Asleep by by The Smiths would be another good non-taking-the-piss-one...

but really, who cares? It's not like you're going to climb out of the coffin and complain if they play the wrong record...

ReputationRep:
    Ahem, here we go:

Angel - Aretha Franklin
    Golden Slumbers - the Beatles
    Crazy Horses - the Osmonds.

And "Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen sounds like a fantastic idea.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.