Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How would you answer the question 'Demonstrate an understanding of consumer behaviour as a result of marketing strategies'. It's only 1000 words and i dont know what specific topics i should write about or where to even begin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kolchuma99)
    How would you answer the question 'Demonstrate an understanding of consumer behaviour as a result of marketing strategies'. It's only 1000 words and i dont know what specific topics i should write about or where to even begin.
    you should write about how a customer would react to things that a company would do to make money for example customers would be more likely to buy things that have high quality even though the price of the product or service may be high(adding value). hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    pm me, think i can help

ReputationRep:
    I think you should focus on CSR maybe? It's a controversial topic and often seen as a tagline to appease investors and woo consumers more than an organzational taking responsibility seriously. Could maybe cite L'Oreal buying up the Body Shop to break in to the 'ethical consumer' market (Body Shop are pro-planet/animal welfare... L'Oreal on the other hand test on animals)... On the one hand this was a strategy by L'Oreal to enter the ethical consumer market instantly without the hardwork and operate off the Body Shop's reputation. On the other, this was them adopting a strategy which shows they want to take the company in a more ethical direction in response to market/consumer demands.

Either way it resulted in one of the biggest boycot movement's in recent history...

I think that ties in quite well with strategy/consumer behaviour. Even if it does focus more on corporate strategy than marketing strategy (arguably interdependent).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.