Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Rosa's big summer bucket list Watch

ReputationRep:
    Name:  13621810_1197520746988790_18485438_o.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  71.2 KB

SO every summer I tell myself that I will have the BEST SUMMER EVER but it never happens (and last year due to unforeseen circumstances I couldn't do as much as I would have liked)!

The photo attached was from my summer last year in Barcelona which was amazing but I have a lack of money to go far this year due to saving for a New York trip in Feb 2017, so this summer is going to have to be on a budget !

As I will be doing my A2s next year (and will have virtually no time to do anything!) I thought that I might make a summer bucket list which combines everything I used to LOVE doing as a child during the big summer holidays and everything I can do academically to put me in the best position next year to get those A*s! I absolutely love languages but I am the worst procrastinator, so writing down my goals should really help. I managed to get an A* in Japanese GCSE and wish to take Japanese Studies at uni but I have not practiced since -- whoops?

I plan to make a blog posts explaining my reasons for and how I've achieved each of my goals as I complete each of them and so look forward to that!

1.Climb a tree
    2.Grow a plant(s)
    3.Make the ULTIMATE MILKSHAKE
    4. Swim in the sea
    5. Lie down and see the shapes in the clouds on a sunny day
    6. Learn 100 kanji
    7. Learn all of the AQA A2 vocabulary for Spanish
    8. Learn all of the AQA A2 vocabulary for French
    9. Finish all of the books on my reading list
    10. Visit the Bodleian library - DONE
    11. Learn the basics of Icelandic
    12. Make at least one new friend - DONE
    13. Take up yoga
    14. Design and make enamel pins and sell them on Etsy
    15. Find a cool new indie band that no one's heard of and make them the soundtrack to my amazing summer - DONE
    16. Attend London Pride and enjoy myself ! - DONE

ReputationRep:
    I think, what would help your linguistic ability is to write all your posts on this thread in each language that you're studying (without using Google Translate!)
    Also make sure you put in English what you're writing so that the mods don't delete all the effort you put in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    I think, what would help your linguistic ability is to write all your posts on this thread in each language that you're studying (without using Google Translate!)
    Also make sure you put in English what you're writing so that the mods don't delete all the effort you put in
    Reading this actually filled me with dread hahaha, I'm so scared of making mistakes! But that is actually a really good idea! To improve I really should put the skills I learn to practice, thank you for the suggestion

ReputationRep:
    26/06/2016
    16. Attend London Pride and enjoy myself !

Name:  13662371_1197581130316085_672677524_o.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  112.9 KB

I guess this is a bit cheeky as I did this before opening this thread? But still, I did it this summer!

I wanted to do this because I've been out to my family since February 2015 and have been attending pride since summer 2014. Pride is a big thing for me, especially after the events of Orlando. To me it's important to embrace who you are and live your life to the fullest as I only have one life! So I went with my best friend and we had such an amazing time celebrating being LGBT.

The weirdest thing about London Pride was seeing Jeremy Corbyn walk right past me? And seeing as there is a LOT of unusual things at pride that really says something!

ReputationRep:
    14/07/2016
    15. Find a cool new indie band that no one's heard of and make them the soundtrack to my amazing summer

Gracias a la recomendación de shawn_o1, ¡este aporte es en Español! Hace mucho tiempo desde que he escrito en este blog porque no ya he terminado el colegio.

Recientemente he estado escuchando mucho la misma música así que pensé que debería encontrar otra música para ampliar mis gustos músicos. Ayer encontré un grupo Buttertones en Spotify después de pinchar aleatoriamente muuuuchos grupos alternativas para encontrar un grupo que me gusta. Yo recomendaría la canción Postcards Holiday por Boys Age también, es extraño pero me gusta. Puedo imaginarme escuchando a Buttertones en el sol, al lado de la mar

Pienso que mi próximo aporte va a ser un vídeo en un otro idioma pero no sé cuál meta voy a intentar de lograr. ¡Hasta luego!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Translation: Thanks to the recommendation of shawn_o1, this post is in Spanish! It's been a long time since I have written on this blog because I have not yet finished school

Recently I've been listening a lot to the same music and so I thought I should find other musicians to expand my music tastes. Yesterday I found a group Buttertones on Spotify after clicking randomly on loooads of alternative groups to find a group that I like. I would recommend Postcards Holiday song by Boys Age too, it's weird but I like it. I can imagine myself listening to Buttertones in the sun beside the sea

I think my next post will be a video in another language but do not know which goal l'm going to try to achieve. Byeeee!

(And a sidenote - I apologise if I've got any of this wrong, or it sounds very rigid! I've been playing Pokemon Go all day and I'm not in the Spanish headspace. I guess all practice is good though )

ReputationRep:
    16/07/2016
    UPDATE
    Cette semaine je suis à Oxford pour des cours d'été ! J'étudierai les Beginners Languages. J'espère continuer a écrire pour ce blog cette semaine, mais je pense que mes posts ne seront que les nouvelles, pas les buts accomplis. Si quelqu'un a une question au sujet des cours d'été ou quelque chose de différent, je répondrai !
    Spoiler:
    Show
    This week I am in Oxford for a summer school! I will study the Beginners Languages. I hope to continue to write for this blog this week, but I think my posts will only be updates, not accomplished goals. If anyone has a question about the summer course or something different, I will reply!

And obviously any corrections to my French will be welcome too!

ReputationRep:
    20/07/2016
    Salut à tous, ça fait longtemps que je n'écrivais rien pour ce blog, mais je n'ai pas eu accès au wifi ! La semaine dernière, j'ai fait beaucoup. Je suis resté à Oxford pendant une semaine pour des cours d'été et c'était incroyable. La première chose que j'ai fait était...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Hi everyone, it's been a long time since I've written anything for this blog bt I have not had access to wifi! Last week I did loads. I stayed at Oxford for a week for a summer school and it was amazing. The first thing I did was...
    12. Make at least one new friend

So I originally created this goal for my bucket list because I am SO terrible at making friends and talking to people. I really wanted to be able to put myself out there and just chat and maybe I could chat to someone I wouldn't usually talk to and end up making friends. Sustaining that friendship is really important too ! So this goal is a lot more work than it looks. :nooo:

My time at Oxford was so great because I made so many amazing friends which i completely did not anticipate would happen. The people on my course and at my college were honestly some of the loveliest people I've ever met, and it's so amazing to be able to spend time with people who are as academically motivated and interested in such niche subjects as you are ! I managed to talk to one girl on Facebook before the summer school and when I finally et her at the summer school it's like we'd been friends for years. I won't put a picture up here (not sure if she'd appreciate!) but here's a picture of one of the colleges (Hertford College) we looked around together.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    We've already made plans to meet up later this summer too ! I'm incredibly excited. I'm so pleased I put myself out there like I never usually do. If I hadn't have been outgoing I don't think I'd have had such a positive experience like I did!

If anyone is thinking of applying for any of the summer schools there I would utterly recommend just going for it, and the one I went on was completely free so what's there to lose!

10. Visit the Bodleian library

Name:  13835863_1213072838766914_904786498_o.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  354.7 KB

I just thought this would be a cool goal as I'd be in Oxford for the week and I can go sightseeing! It was so cool, I'd recommend going if you get the chance
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    31/07/2016
    UPDATE
    Hoy, mi familia y yo vamos a ir a el bosque cerca de mi casa así que voy a subir un árbol por la primera vez. Nunca he subido un árbol antes en mi vida porque cuando era más pequeña tenía mucho miedo de todo. ¡Ahora, voy a ser una menor adulta!

También, la semana pasada aprendí 111 de los 416 palabras en el curso de Memrise que estoy haciendo para aprender el vocabulario de A2 español y 25 de los 1014 palabras del curso francés. Sí, ¡sé que necesito aprender más del vocab francés!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Today, me and my family are going to the woods near to my house so I'm going to climb a tree for the first time. I have never climbed a tree before in my life because when I was younger I was so scared of everything. Now I'm going to be a big kid!

Also last week I learnt 111 of 416 words on the Memrise course that I'm doing to learn the vocabulary for A2 Spanish and 25 of 1014 words of the French words. Yes, I know I need to learn more French vocab!
    Name:  Screenshot 2016-07-31 at 11.04.52.png
Views: 56
Size:  104.6 KB

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.