Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    After failing a module exam at university, i wanted to know what other routes are there with pursuing my degree and wanted the help of anyone in a situation like mine.
    I am in my third year and have been told to leave the course with an exit award after failing a resit exam again. My only option i would consider is transferring and finishing at another pharmacy school. Does anybody know if this is possible?
    I have already put an appeal into this decision as i am not happy with the way i have been treated by the university and this decision. Which i have further reasons for.
    I do want to finish my degree and become a pharmacist its sad that after 27,000 pounds and 3 years of your life spent on a course the university makes these drastic decisions...
    Any help would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by martialartist123)
    After failing a module exam at university, i wanted to know what other routes are there with pursuing my degree and wanted the help of anyone in a situation like mine.
    I am in my third year and have been told to leave the course with an exit award after failing a resit exam again. My only option i would consider is transferring and finishing at another pharmacy school. Does anybody know if this is possible?
    I have already put an appeal into this decision as i am not happy with the way i have been treated by the university and this decision. Which i have further reasons for.
    I do want to finish my degree and become a pharmacist its sad that after 27,000 pounds and 3 years of your life spent on a course the university makes these drastic decisions...
    Any help would be appreciated
    Have you asked them whether they would let you repeat 3rd year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegodofgod)
    Have you asked them whether they would let you repeat 3rd year?
    My exam is a resit from second year. I did ask but they said i can no longer study on the course and gave no option for me to even do the year again.

ReputationRep:
    Considering you've come so far into your education and then for the university to tell you to leave is a bit harsh tbh. Clearly you're an able student having passed year 1 and pretty much year 2 aside the hiccup. Seriously try and convince the university to let you resit the module, it would be such a shame for them to terminate your studies after being so close to the finish line.

I wish you the very best of luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the terminator)
    Considering you've come so far into your education and then for the university to tell you to leave is a bit harsh tbh. Clearly you're an able student having passed year 1 and pretty much year 2 aside the hiccup. Seriously try and convince the university to let you resit the module, it would be such a shame for them to terminate your studies after being so close to the finish line.

I wish you the very best of luck
    Thank you very much...

I know i feel the same way. Surely I've put 3 years of hard work, worked in several pharmacies before, i should be allowed another opportunity.
    Exactly! I really don't understand even though i passed the module but failed the exam why the uni can't let me continue.

I have had a lot of personal issues which the university probably won't acknowledge. However i progressed into my third year with this trailing second year exam. I didn't even know it was trailing until 1-2 month before exam season when it was on my timetable and failed it because of that.
    Well because of that i have have an appeal ongoing at the moment against the boards decision. Ive wrote to them and hopefully they help me out in this situation.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.