The Student Room Group

Asking a girl out at the gym?

OK, before you say anything, I'm not a creep who pervs on girls at the gym I know this girl already from school. :biggrin:

So I've just started and realised she's been a member for a while. I've had a thing for her for a couple of years and back in school I never had the balls to say anything. College separated us even more and we haven't spoken for 12 months. She does know me though, I used to be more shy around her but I'm just much more confident now. I'm getting my life in gear and want someone to spend time with so it's worth going for it cause she's intelligent, beautiful and as motivated as I am. If I bump into her I'll strike up a quick conversation and see if she wants to go for a drink (non-alcoholic of course). But, then again I don't wanna seem like I'm asking her out just cause she's at the gym if you get what I mean. Any help is appreciated on how to approach it, cheers people.
Reply 1
Ask if u can jump in between her sets and then start talking to her
Reply 2
It only asking out girls that work at the gym thats an absolute no no.

Catch up on old times, flirt a bit to judge interest, if at all encouraged invite her for a drink. If she likes you it's no problem. Good luck.
I wouldn't mind asking a cute guy out at the gym,go for it :h:
Reply 4
Original post by queen-bee
I wouldn't mind asking a cute guy out at the gym,go for it :h:

Gives me hope haha, always thought there was some stigma attached to asking someone out there, maybe not. In the past I was nervous to ask her now I'm excited
Original post by Anonymous
Gives me hope haha, always thought there was some stigma attached to asking someone out there, maybe not. In the past I was nervous to ask her now I'm excited

who cares what other people think,if you're feeling it definitely go for it*
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6

Yeah go for it dude, I'd be flattered if a guy asked me out in the gym tbh
Original post by yoda123
Ask if u can jump in between her sets and then start talking to her

What a quality plan 😂 Nailed it right there... If she's only into cardio, OP can sacrifice the loss of gains for a few weeks while he bashes treadmill
you're gonna ask a girl out when you're fighting for breath after your deadlifts and bench presses?
Reply 9
The way I'm feeling about her right now I could ask her out hanging off the edge of a cliff.
The way I'm feeling about her right now I could ask her out hanging off the edge of a cliff.

aw how old are you?

slow down though, you dont want to crash and burn!
Original post by abcde3237
aw how old are you?

slow down though, you dont want to crash and burn!

17. If I crash and burn I honestly couldn't care less. If she says yes, fantastic, I get a date with someone I've wanted to spend time with for two years. If she says no, I'll be upset but I'll know I went for it and will still take the confidence of asking someone out I really liked forward in the future. I've learnt a lot about myself and if I can ask her out I can ask anyone out. Anything to end the constant fighting in my head lmao.
17. If I crash and burn I honestly couldn't care less. If she says yes, fantastic, I get a date with someone I've wanted to spend time with for two years. If she says no, I'll be upset but I'll know I went for it and will still take the confidence of asking someone out I really liked forward in the future. I've learnt a lot about myself and if I can ask her out I can ask anyone out. Anything to end the constant fighting in my head lmao.

ah okay at that young age i'd say go for it then, you seem like you have your head screwed on correctly and if it teaches you a few things and/or makes you more confident then all the better!
Original post by abcde3237
ah okay at that young age i'd say go for it then, you seem like you have your head screwed on correctly and if it teaches you a few things and/or makes you more confident then all the better!

Thank you!

Quick Reply