Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is there a downside for having a woman as the President of the United States? Watch

ReputationRep:

Seems one of the guys in Fox News thinks so. How about you all?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    It is completely irrelevant what the gender of the next President is. What matters is their ability to be the President, their policies and what they can do for the country. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TaintedLight)

THAT woman, yes
    Corrupt asf. Nothing wrong with having a woman, just not that woman.

ReputationRep:
    There is no downside as it shouldn't matter what the President has "down there".

Not per se. But, there is a downside to having Hilary in particular.

ReputationRep:

Oh wow. Fox says it. Let's all stop thinking and go with Bill Reilly then, as he's so famous for always telling the truth. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Gender doesn't matter at all, though it would be interesting to have so many female leaders of superpower countries this year (UK, USA probably, Germany, Brazil and South Korea).

As a matter of fact though, I wonder what gender Donald Trump was on his home planet.

ReputationRep:
    If that woman is Clinton, then yes..

ReputationRep:
    Name a woman leader who is or has been respected on the global stage besides Thatcher (who just emulated masculine traits anyway).

ReputationRep:
    No lulz delivered :confused:

(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Oh wow. Fox says it. Let's all stop thinking and go with Bill Reilly then, as he's so famous for always telling the truth. :rolleyes:
    Well in his faintest of defense... he did call for gun restrictions after the Orlando massacre...!

ReputationRep:
    Ali G thinks so (2:43)

ReputationRep:
    The downside is that it'll be Hillary Clinton.

ReputationRep:
    It's quite clear that men are superior and far better suited for this job. If they weren't, then why else would Beyonce have written the song 'If I were a boy' and then gone further to dub it in Spanish?

ReputationRep:
    There are lots of downsides to having Clinton as President but none of those are related to her gender

ReputationRep:
    She'll always be on her period
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Pretty sure the only downside to a female president are the general downsides to being a women. For example maybe a female president will get really grumpy once a month and mess up trade agreements or something.

But seriously a male and female president with the same level of ability will perform pretty much identically. The only potentially serious thing that could happen is a pregnancy since being pregnant will have a more severe impact on a women for obvious reasons. And I'm not at all saying it would prevent a female president doing their job.

ReputationRep:
    Anything other than Trump and it doesn't matter..

ReputationRep:
    NO!! Female empowerment in the right way is fruitful. I believe that Hilary deserves to be president and she would be effective as well. I have a new blog on social issues and I am looking to inspire and empower people myself. Feel free to check it out and share it with anyone who might be interested. (Cheeky advertising I know hehe but I have to start somewhere)
    The website is philachange.wordpress.com

ReputationRep:
    Theres no downside against trump...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.