Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dexter has the worst ending ever Watch

ReputationRep:
    A lumberjack seriously?! What dexter did made no sense at all and doesn't not reflect his character. Tbh the last episode was pretty good except for the last few minutes. I loved the fact that dexter willingly chose to stop killing and didn't need his father anymore

ReputationRep:
    How was it out of character? Throughout the show it's obvious that the women in his life end up dead, hence the reason he chose to live in isolation and admit that his "dark passenger" would always be a part of him that couldn't be silenced.

It was fine. If you were expecting a happy ending, you were watching a TV show about a ****ing serial killer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoking)
    How was it out of character? Throughout the show it's obvious that the women in his life end up dead, hence the reason he chose to live in isolation and admit that his "dark passenger" would always be a part of him that couldn't be silenced.

It was fine. If you were expecting a happy ending, you were watching a TV show about a ****ing serial killer!
    But dexter is a really smart logical and planned person. What he did just seemed arbitrary and rushed. The whole season builded up to dexter actually ending up with hannah. I was expecting a happy ending I was expecting a more logical ending

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M1mathsstudent)
    A lumberjack seriously?! What dexter did made no sense at all and doesn't not reflect his character. Tbh the last episode was pretty good except for the last few minutes. I loved the fact that dexter willingly chose to stop killing and didn't need his father anymore
    It was a bit weird, nevertheless I watched this a very long time ago. Look at his character throughout the show he couldn't cope when everything was going south so at the end you can't expect him to have a happy ending when he is a killer and has urges that cannot be controlled.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M1mathsstudent)
    But dexter is a really smart logical and planned person. What he did just seemed arbitrary and rushed. The whole season builded up to dexter actually ending up with hannah. I was expecting a happy ending I was expecting a more logical ending
    The logical ending would be for him to live alone as his desire to kill people would always harm those around him..

ReputationRep:
    The ending made sense.

Dexter had always been aware that his hobby had the the ability to cause a great deal of harm to those around him. When he was with Rita, he was always wondering what the impact would be on her should she find out. And, as people have said, the women he cared about most often ended up dead. *

I can't remember whether Dexter formed his plan to isolate himself before Deb died, but if he didn't, then her death would've certainly been a major reason why he decided to do what he did: he'd lost a very special person - and his son now had a way out, being cared for by Hannah.

Despite the ending making sense, I found the later seasons weren't as good as those which had come before. I think it peaked with the trinity killer - maybe the religious nut season. It kind of plateued/ went a little downhill from there.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.