Turn on thread page Beta

Evening language courses at King's College, London watch

ReputationRep:
    I am about to enrol on 2 or 3 evening courses at KCL, priced at £480 each.

You get 10 lessons per semester, with each lesson being 90 minutes in duration.

Does this sound like a good deal to you?

I think KCL would look good on the CV (even though it's not a degree obviously).
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It'll look as good as any other languge course really... They're rather good at KCL though I did one in Russian a couple of years ago and a friend didone in French. The classes tend to end up with fewer than 10 people after a month at most due to the large drop out levels.

ReputationRep:
    I've just shopped around a bit in London and I can see fees for evening courses at UCL and Imperial too.

Imperial is about £100 cheaper than KCL, yet UCL for some reason is priced at £800+, athough they do 30 lessons in the year, rather than 20 that the others offer.

And what about SOAS? Who are they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Napp)
    It'll look as good as any other languge course really... They're rather good at KCL though I did one in Russian a couple of years ago and a friend didone in French. The classes tend to end up with fewer than 10 people after a month at most due to the large drop out levels.
    How did you find it? Was it taxing?

I am planning to try Russian for beginner level somewhere (maybe KCL) and I am wondering if it was worth the price...seeing as I am learning it already on Duolingo.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    How did you find it? Was it taxing?

I am planning to try Russian for beginner level somewhere (maybe KCL) and I am wondering if it was worth the price...seeing as I am learning it already on Duolingo.
    I found it worth it, so long as you have the dedication to keep going that is, you skip any lessons or the independant work and fall behind then it's really not worth going though as you'll just end up dragging on the rest of the class.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 10, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.