The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Non-Euclidean
Hey, good luck to everyone taking the exam tomorrow! I was wondering how is the exam actually laid out, i.e. I've heard you have limited amount of paper and can't get extra, also, should we use the paper for workings in our multiple choice ?'s thanks

The layout is as in the sample papers. There should be enough space: there are spare pages at the back. You should aim to do your working for the multiple choice in the spaces between the questions.

Gavin
Original post by Nekro
My school prioritised the number of GCSEs rather than number of A*s - is that going to affect my PSI negatively? (I got 6 A*s out of 15 at GCSE level) :/

It won't make a big difference. Most of the weight is for the MAT score.

Gavin
Original post by alexhazmat
I only got 2 A* at GCSE (and 4 As)....does this mean I need a much higher MAT score to get shortlisted?

You certainly need a higher MAT score, but not much higher -- I guess about another five marks (I forger the exact weighting).

Gavin
Best of luck everyone for today's MAT. Just a reminder please not to discuss any of the test content until 5pm Thursday 3rd November.

Saying you found the test hard, or it made you want to tear your hair out - absolutely fine. Discussing specific content of anything on the test - absolutely not. Remember that by sharing test information you are automatically giving other people an advantage (as they may be in a different time zone and not have sat the test yet).
Just sat the test - how did you guys find it?
Original post by Insecure
Just sat the test - how did you guys find it?

Ayyyy how do you think it was?
can anyone take a stab at the grade boundaries this year ? ie harder than last year?
I thought it was pretty good - how did everyone find it?
Original post by Injective
I thought it was pretty good - how did everyone find it?

any idea what the grade boundary may be this year? ie shortlisted and successful average?
That was way harder than last year
What the **** was that
Well I'm not going to Oxford or imperial now lol
Super easy lol I had half an hr left sleeping
Original post by Strom
Well I'm not going to Oxford or imperial now lol

Was it that bad

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iMacJack
Was it that bad

Posted from TSR Mobile

Felt like it I guess we'll see 😢😢😢
lmfao getting like 10
easy lads :colonhash::colonhash:
Remember not to post about specifics of the exam...
tough exam
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by dfbenjamin
Well ****

Please remove all the exam content from your post. Your post has been reported

Latest