Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ill try my best to keep the story short, but if I get carried away, please forgive me 😶.

So, I'm a 20 year old female who has never been in a relationship before. There's only one person I've met who I've had any real feelings for. While I realise it sounds stupid and naive, he's the only person who has made me see a future with. He's got everything I could ever wish for and I'm content with the thought of spending the rest of my life with him.
    We were pretty close both emotionally and physically, however we live somewhat far apart from each other, about two hours. Which isn't really all that far, however trying to make our work schedules match up was near on impossible, meaning we rarely got to see each other. Back in January, he completely cut contact with me and hasn't spoken to me since.

So here I am, half way through the year, still questioning why he did what he did. Was it me? Did he lose interest? Was he being too polite to tell me to go away? Was it him? Could he not cope with the distance? Did he meet someone else? Honestly, I miss him so much. Even after I thought I was getting over him, realisation hit and I'm not over him at all.

I feel like I'm being obsessive and psycho-wannabe-girlfriend, surely it's not normal to feel this way about someone after this long? I'm just really struggling with letting him go.
    • TSR Support Team

(Original post by Anonymous)
    ill try my best to keep the story short, but if I get carried away, please forgive me 😶.

So, I'm a 20 year old female who has never been in a relationship before. There's only one person I've met who I've had any real feelings for. While I realise it sounds stupid and naive, he's the only person who has made me see a future with. He's got everything I could ever wish for and I'm content with the thought of spending the rest of my life with him.
    We were pretty close both emotionally and physically, however we live somewhat far apart from each other, about two hours. Which isn't really all that far, however trying to make our work schedules match up was near on impossible, meaning we rarely got to see each other. Back in January, he completely cut contact with me and hasn't spoken to me since.

So here I am, half way through the year, still questioning why he did what he did. Was it me? Did he lose interest? Was he being too polite to tell me to go away? Was it him? Could he not cope with the distance? Did he meet someone else? Honestly, I miss him so much. Even after I thought I was getting over him, realisation hit and I'm not over him at all.

I feel like I'm being obsessive and psycho-wannabe-girlfriend, surely it's not normal to feel this way about someone after this long? I'm just really struggling with letting him go.
    The fact he just cut contact suggests he wasn't all that, if he really wanted you then he would have made an effort. It could be any of those reasons you suggested why he did it.

ReputationRep:
    It is basically just that you aren't going to get to do all those things you wanted to do with him, and you can't accept it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.