Turn on thread page Beta

Why is life so unfair? watch

Announcements

Why is life so cruel to white knights? The good guys..The heros? I'm talking about jobs, education, women the whole lot.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Why is life so cruel to white knights? The good guys..The heros? I'm talking about jobs, education, women the whole lot.
    Life's a b*tch

I mean we never really get anywhere. This world clearly isn't for us..Or is it?

ReputationRep:
    Good people have good things happen to them. You may wish to elaborate.

What happens if the nice guys cant change their ways? What do we do? Are we stuffed? (I've remained anon because someone on TSR knows me and I don't want them to know about my problems)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Because unfortunately that's how the world works.

Thing is though, I don't think leaving anything to chance is a good idea. If you think the world treats you bad, ask why that is. Why didn't you get that job? Is it something you did? Something you weren't good at? Another guy was better? And so on.

Rather than relying on the world giving you nice things (or nasty things), get the nice things for yourself.

(Original post by SpiritSharD)
    Good people have good things happen to them. You may wish to elaborate.
    You don't still believe that BS do you? Its like when people compliment fat people and tell them they're beautiful or they're not really fat when they're morbidly obese.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    What happens if the nice guys cant change their ways? What do we do? Are we stuffed? (I've remained anon because someone on TSR knows me and I don't want them to know about my problems)
    There's never a situation where you can't change your way. As they say, nice guys finish last. We still finish. Just a little after everyone else. But who's to say that's a bad thing?

(Original post by Acsel)
    Because unfortunately that's how the world works.

Thing is though, I don't think leaving anything to chance is a good idea. If you think the world treats you bad, ask why that is. Why didn't you get that job? Is it something you did? Something you weren't good at? Another guy was better? And so on.

Rather than relying on the world giving you nice things (or nasty things), get the nice things for yourself.
    Help me. I cant fix myself. I cant do the tough guy/ nasty guy type. I get guilty and it feels unnatural but it seems the brutal heartless ones are the ones making a success of themselves..You know the types that abuse child labour and deny 'one night stand' kids access to love, wealth and financial stability. These are extremities but you get the picture. The a**hole types.

ReputationRep:
    You don't still believe that BS do you? Its like when people compliment fat people and tell them they're beautiful or they're not really fat when they're morbidly obese.
    Bad things happen to everyone. I agree that good people seem to have to go through more ****, but that's generally what helps them develop the character traits that make them good people in the first place.

(Original post by Acsel)
    There's never a situation where you can't change your way. As they say, nice guys finish last. We still finish. Just a little after everyone else. But who's to say that's a bad thing?
    I do. My life hasn't worked out as well as i'd hoped and my future seems bleak. I get abused a lot because of my soft, caring nature.

(Original post by SpiritSharD)
    Bad things happen to everyone. I agree that good people seem to have to go through more ****, but that's generally what helps them develop the character traits that make them good people in the first place.
    I've heard this my entire life and yet when I compare my life and life style with those of my friends who are a**holes to women and life..they're doing far better.

ReputationRep:
    Natural Selection. Survival of the fittest. It's a dog eat dog world.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Help me. I cant fix myself. I cant do the tough guy/ nasty guy type. I get guilty and it feels unnatural but it seems the brutal heartless ones are the ones making a success of themselves..You know the types that abuse child labour and deny 'one night stand' kids access to love, wealth and financial stability. These are extremities but you get the picture. The a**hole types.
    Well that's the thing. There's always going to be a mix of people. The nice guys are easy to walk over. The ********s nearly impossible. Everyone else is usually somewhere in between. If you're excessively nice then people know to take advantage of you.

You don't need to be tough or nasty. That really doesn't get you anywhere, despite what you may think. Realistically speaking, sometimes it's as simple as saying no. You say no to helping someone, you get more time to do what you want to do and thus succeed. Inadvertently maybe someone else doesn't succeed because of your lack of help. Such is life.

Focus on yourself and doing things that put you closer to your goals. I can't give any advice more complicated than that without knowing some background.

ReputationRep:
    To survive in life you need to play your cards right... being strong won't be enough... you need brains... intellect, good looks, money, a good background and good connections. You need to go down the right paths, say the right things and play the right cards. But when everyone in life is trying to survive... everyone starts to push the weaker ones down... everyone who doesn't stand out gets pushed to the bottom of the pile.
    "You can only try the best you can"
    But what if your best is not good enough?
    Then tough luck. Your going to the bottom of the pile.

ReputationRep:
    I've heard this my entire life and yet when I compare my life and life style with those of my friends who are a**holes to women and life..they're doing far better.
    Oh trust me, I know the feeling, but then again do you really want the attention of women who chase muppets? Pretty much everything else can be achieved with dedication and perseverance.

Honestly though sometimes I just get so fed up and depressed. To top things of I have a religion which is highly conservative/ strict and doesn't allow any interaction with women. All of this is driving me mad. I don't know what to do. I'm sexually frustrated, angry and mad at the world and NO it isn't as simple as becoming an atheist.

(Original post by cookie123456789)
    To survive in life you need to play your cards right... being strong won't be enough... you need brains... intellect, good looks, money, a good background and good connections. You need to go down the right paths, say the right things and play the right cards.

All of which I don't have, I have average/ below average hence my predicament.

ReputationRep:
    Life is a ***** then you die I guess

ReputationRep:
    This thread is truly interesting. I have asked myself this many a time as to why good things sometimes do not happen to good people. Why did God not do this for me etc?? But i believe that everything happens for a reason. Everybody is destined to go down a particular path in life. Trials and tribulations will come, rejections, heartbreak, misery and loss. But then these things make you human and strengthen you physically and spiritually. I know some will disagree with this but I just believe that everyone has to wait for their time. Your good times will come hopefully.

Haha this has inspired me to do a new blog post on why good things do not happen to good people. Feel free to check out my blog thus far and share it with anyone else who might be interested. Just looking to inspire and empower people really.
    The website is philachange.wordpress.com

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.