Turn on thread page Beta

British Army - Officer requirements watch

ReputationRep:
    Currently the educational requirements are:
    35 ALIS points, gained from the best seven subjects at GCSE, or equivalent, which must include English language, mathematics and either a science subject or a foreign language.
    Minimum of 180 UCAS tariff points, acquired in separate subjects at AS and A level, or equivalent. These must include a minimum of two passes at A level, or equivalent, at grades A-E.

With my 7 best subjects at GCSE, I have 37 points, problem is I didn't pass my Science, flopped and got a D which isn't a pass grade, I didn't take a foreign language either.
    I will have 240+ UCAS points, but my problem is will the D grade in science and not having taken a foreign language stop my application for Sandhurst?
    My plan is to go Sandhurst after my 3year course at University.

Any help would be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rice98)
    Currently the educational requirements are:
    35 ALIS points, gained from the best seven subjects at GCSE, or equivalent, which must include English language, mathematics and either a science subject or a foreign language.
    Minimum of 180 UCAS tariff points, acquired in separate subjects at AS and A level, or equivalent. These must include a minimum of two passes at A level, or equivalent, at grades A-E.

With my 7 best subjects at GCSE, I have 37 points, problem is I didn't pass my Science, flopped and got a D which isn't a pass grade, I didn't take a foreign language either.
    I will have 240+ UCAS points, but my problem is will the D grade in science and not having taken a foreign language stop my application for Sandhurst?
    My plan is to go Sandhurst after my 3year course at University.

Any help would be appreciated.
    I don't know if it will stop you getting in. But if it does you could always retake your science GCSE externally if they'll accept that. It'll cost money though.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.