Everyone got good grades that uses this forum. Watch

This discussion is closed.
Computergeek
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Where are the people that didnt do quite so well?
bloodhound
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
they have dunk themselved silly and are having the biggest hangover of thier living life
loftx
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I am one of them sort-of. Though I got good grades I didn't get into my first or insurance choice. I now have the long hard task of making lots of national-rate phone calls to unis all over the country - my parents are not gonna be happy when the see the bill.

Anyway I expect most people who did badly are too busy trying to work out what to do next year.
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Unlucky loftx. What course are you hoping to do?
loftx
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Nylex)
Unlucky loftx. What course are you hoping to do?
I put down econoimcs and maths - but it's not offered on many of the clearing universities so I may apply to do computing science at some. Or I may do somthing else for a year and reapply.
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Good luck either way .
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Computergeek)
Where are the people that didnt do quite so well?
I'M HERE!!!

My results were so appauling that I didn't want to embarrass myself and post them in a forum full of people who all got at least one A. If you look at the results thread, every single person on there got at least one A, and the majority of them got nothing lower than a B. Its not fair!!! Why can't I be that good? I know I worked bloody hard, but it just didn't seem to pay off. :confused:
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Chicken)
I'M HERE!!!

My results were so appauling that I didn't want to embarrass myself and post them in a forum full of people who all got at least one A. If you look at the results thread, every single person on there got at least one A, and the majority of them got nothing lower than a B. Its not fair!!! Why can't I be that good? I know I worked bloody hard, but it just didn't seem to pay off. :confused:
well i hope u ppl liked my clearing thread! whats is clasified as good grades? i got bbc. not bad, but not great
loftx
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
well i hope u ppl liked my clearing thread! whats is clasified as good grades? i got bbc. not bad, but not great
IMHO good grades is classified as somthing which get you into at least your insurance choice - expect in my case where I thought mine were pretty good, but my insurance was too difficult.

Ollie - how about a gap year / year placement thread for people who what to reapply next year but not sure what to do in the meantime?
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
Well i'd say BBC was pretty darn good!!! But I suppose its whatever is to the best of your ability, and the best you know ou can achieve. Mine certainly were not to the best of my ability, much lower than predicted by teachers, and happened due to the fact that I didn't take my AS's seriously last year, and therefore didn't give myself a chance this year as i had so many retakes that I just couldn't cope (and all my retakes failed to improve on the first attempt). Fortunately, helpful as though your clearing thread was, I got into my first choice uni, as I must've impressed them at some point or another, and East Anglia isn't really a highly strict, elitest uni that will reject people if they miss like one grade. So i'm where I want to be, which means i'm happier!!!
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
last year AS
maths A
physics A
tech B
chem B

A2
maths c
physics b
tech b.

so i dropped one in physics and 2 in maths -ie. i got an e in a2 maths!

y?? cant tell u! im not some one who works hard at all!!
AllergicToFairydust
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Next Thursday, I am expecting to see (hopefully) 5Bs 2Cs and a GNVQ Intermediate Part One In Business Studies Merit (equal to 2 GCSEs B).

If I get this, I will consider myself very luckly unlike some of my friends in the year above who'd die with these grades.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (95)
18.66%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (324)
63.65%
Not yet but I am planning to (24)
4.72%
Not yet but I might (66)
12.97%

Watched Threads