Turn on thread page Beta

Shaving spots watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    How do you stop these badboys? I used to get them on my neck, but luckily shaving upwards(along the grain of bristle) rather than downwards(against) has stopped this. However, now I get them on my chin, and its pretty minging really. How do I stop them?

I saw a new advert advertising some cream/whatever that apparantly helped stop them(its a new one) but I cant remember the name of it

I thought this was going to be complaining about the pain of shaving over spots, that really is a *****.

As for your issue, i'm as eager for the responses as you are, i can assure you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thenarbisbanned)
    How do you stop these badboys? I used to get them on my neck, but luckily shaving upwards(along the grain of bristle) rather than downwards(against) has stopped this. However, now I get them on my chin, and its pretty minging really. How do I stop them?

I saw a new advert advertising some cream/whatever that apparantly helped stop them(its a new one) but I cant remember the name of it
    Are you referring to getting spots after you have shaven?

ReputationRep:

my mum is a part time doc and she says, eat healthily,drink lots of water and don't let it effect you emmotionally!

ReputationRep:
    i dont think shaving really causes spots to be honest..... if you are really bothered benzoyl peroxide 2.5% + moisturiser sorts out everything.

ReputationRep:
    I know it sounds like common sense, but do you splash cold water onto your skin after shaving or do you apply aftershave, the cold water will close the pours on your skin, reducing the risk of infection and therefore spots.

ReputationRep:
    Get an electric shaver. It hums and tickles a bit, but it never cuts you. It's also quicker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil)
    Get an electric shaver. It hums and tickles a bit, but it never cuts you. It's also quicker.
    yeah, but it takes a while for your skin to get use to all the friction generated by those 120 watt thingamajigs. lol. It makes your skin itchy, if you have sensitive sking. lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil)
    I hate electric shavers, It makes my face feel really dry after. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Aftershave. seals the pores and cleans out alot of gunk. I stil get the odd couple but rarely on my neck/side of face

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Urdegish)
    Aftershave. seals the pores and cleans out alot of gunk. I stil get the odd couple but rarely on my neck/side of face
    Contains a small amount of alcohol which may cause some spots, lik I said earlier use very cold water and see what happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYaTTT)
    my mum is a part time doc and she says, eat healthily,drink lots of water and don't let it effect you emmotionally!
    Yeh, I do all of them already..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Curiosity)
    Are you referring to getting spots after you have shaven?
    Yes

Yeh, I do all of them already..
    What you eat doesn't really effect it i don't think, i thought that was just a myth anyway....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endorf)
    i dont think shaving really causes spots to be honest..... if you are really bothered benzoyl peroxide 2.5% + moisturiser sorts out everything.
    Well, if I dont have the spots on the chin before shaving, but do after, then surely its causing the spots?

Where do I get this benzoyl peroxide stuff? And what moisturiser ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    What you eat doesn't really effect it i don't think, i thought that was just a myth anyway....
    It is

ReputationRep:
    You might notice that the place where you seem to get spots on your face are the same places you seem to touch most throughout a day. The best thing to do is drink lots of water, take vitamin pills, wash your face every morning and night. And most importantly of all, try not to pick them.

I envy people who have perfect skin and do nothing to maintain it. Grrr!

- Adam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Ah but it does!
    Your diet effects lots of things in you. You are what you eat after all. This is quite true.

W.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    You might notice that the place where you seem to get spots on your face are the same places you seem to touch most throughout a day. The best thing to do is drink lots of water, take vitamin pills, wash your face every morning and night. And most importantly of all, try not to pick them.

I envy people who have perfect skin and do nothing to maintain it. Grrr!

- Adam
    Bloody hell, just as you said that guess what I was doing? Rubbing my chin..so the spots arent from shaving then?

ReputationRep:
    Just think about what your hands touch during the day

Its very hard to make a conscious decision to stop touching your face because I do it without knowing most the time.

- Adam

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.