Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Shaving spots watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    Just think about what your hands touch during the day

Its very hard to make a conscious decision to stop touching your face because I do it without knowing most the time.

- Adam
    I know, when I think about the things ive touched and stuff during a day, and then where I put my hands its sickening really. I dont understand how I havent died of some disease or something! Its good for you apparantly, builds up the old immune system!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thenarbisbanned)
    ...However, now I get them on my chin, and its pretty minging really...
    Hahaha...do people still use the word 'minging'? Also, I have never heard a male use the word either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    I thought this was going to be complaining about the pain of shaving over spots, that really is a *****.

As for your issue, i'm as eager for the responses as you are, i can assure you.
    how do you huys do that? i thought that as well when i read the title. painful!!! doesnt it just rip the head of the spot off, leaving pus or a lot of blood along with twice as much pain?? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    how do you huys do that? i thought that as well when i read the title. painful!!! doesnt it just rip the head of the spot off, leaving pus or a lot of blood along with twice as much pain?? :confused:
    i did that yesterday- but i didn't actually notice until i saw a bit of blood. now there's just a sort of mark...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mockel)
    i did that yesterday- but i didn't actually notice until i saw a bit of blood. now there's just a sort of mark...
    you didnt notice?? dont you feel anything when a razor cuts a spot? my cousine has acne on his cheeks and i dont understand how the hell he does it!

ReputationRep:
    you didnt notice?? dont you feel anything when a razor cuts a spot? my cousine has acne on his cheeks and i dont understand how the hell he does it!
    i honestly don't know why...maybe it wasn't a big spot...

ReputationRep:
    Shave your genitalia. The pain and the itchiness will soon make you forget those spots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonderboy)
    Ah but it does!
    Your diet effects lots of things in you. You are what you eat after all. This is quite true.

W.
    indeed, some food are more likel to causes spots than others

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    Shave your genitalia. The pain and the itchiness will soon make you forget those spots.
    *pulls a face* men :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    indeed, some food are more likel to causes spots than others
    A dermatologist told me that your diet doesn't affect your skin whatsoever. It's strange that they can have such divergent opinions. From personal experience, I can tell too much chocolate isn't good for my skin...

ReputationRep:
    i take it you've had first hand experience?

ReputationRep:
    *pulls a face* men :rolleyes:
    Did that technique work for you then?

ReputationRep:
    A dermatologist told me that your diet doesn't affect your skin whatsoever. It's strange that they can have such divergent opinions. From personal experience, I can tell too much chocolate isn't good for my skin...

this chocolate myth is ridiculous, iv researched this and it doesnt affect your skin at all. spots occur when a hormone (cant remember which) secretes oil. this can turn into a blackhead and if it gets infected...you got a pus filled spot. nothing to do with your diet whatsoever. oh yh, it also depends if you have good/bad skin genes

ReputationRep:
    Did that technique work for you then?
    are you being serious? im a member of the female species!

ReputationRep:
    this chocolate myth is ridiculous, iv researched this and it doesnt affect your skin at all. spots occur when a hormone (cant remember which) secretes oil. this can turn into a blackhead and if it gets infected...you got a pus filled spot. nothing to do with your diet whatsoever. oh yh, it also depends if you have good/bad skin genes
    ok, it must be a myth. But so many people believe it... As I said, my old dermatalogist told me I could "eat whatever crap I wanted, get pissed, smoke pot" and it wouldn't affect my skin. He was quite reassuring.

ReputationRep:
    are you being serious? im a member of the female species!
    silly me!

I forgot you girls didn't have genitalia!

ReputationRep:
    ok, it must be a myth. But so many people believe it... As I said, my old dermatalogist told me I could "eat whatever crap I wanted, get pissed, smoke pot" and it wouldn't affect my skin. He was quite reassuring.
    and is quite right to be. i think it must have been a grannies fairy tale to start getting us grandchildren to eat the leafy green side of the food variety :rolleyes:
    i think so many people believe it because it is well known. it is so ridiculous. if people take time to step back and look at the whole picture, what had chocolate got in it that other foods havnt? coco beans??

ReputationRep:
    but surely there must be some food you can eat which will improve your skin, and reduces its oil secretion amount. some foods may affect it in a negative way, although that probably has a lesser effect.

ReputationRep:
    and is quite right to be. i think it must have been a grannies fairy tale to start getting us grandchildren to eat the leafy green side of the food variety :rolleyes:
    i think so many people believe it because it is well known. it is so ridiculous. if people take time to step back and look at the whole picture, what had chocolate got in it that other foods havnt? coco beans??
    i'm no dietician, but fruit is supposed contain alot more vitamins which is beneficial to most of the body systems, as well as helping you with your number 2s...

eg if you eat more fruit and veg, your crap bonds alot better, instead of being all small and lumpy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    but surely there must be some food you can eat which will improve your skin, and reduces its oil secretion amount. some foods may affect it in a negative way, although that probably has a lesser effect.
    yep, vitamin c found mostly in oranges.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.