x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by neha p)
    yep, vitamin c found mostly in oranges.
    There is more vitamin c in strawberries than there is in oranges - and it's much nicer to eat a handful of strawberries than an orange IMO.
    http://www.thefruitpages.com/contents.shtml

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    There is more vitamin c in strawberries than there is in oranges - and it's much nicer to eat a handful of strawberries than an orange IMO.
    http://www.thefruitpages.com/contents.shtml
    i remember seeing an ad a few years back, where they said that kiwi fruit is the most nutritious overall.... does this page confirm that?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    i remember seeing an ad a few years back, where they said that kiwi fruit is the most nutritious overall.... does this page confirm that?
    Looking at Vit c blackberrys and guava appear to be the daddies.

Useless fact: kiwi is the most common food allergy after peanut allergy...and it's growing at a faster rate.
    I wonder if it's because it's full of so many vitamins etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thenarbisbanned)
    Well, if I dont have the spots on the chin before shaving, but do after, then surely its causing the spots?

Where do I get this benzoyl peroxide stuff? And what moisturiser ?
    well i never had acne or anything like that just the odd spot here or there, which i think looks stupid, worse than a few spots sometimes. anyhow i started using benzoyl peroxide 2.5% every morning and night and now i have literally perfect skin, not a single spot . but a word of warning to those considering this regime, it if f*cking harsh the first few weeks you use it, your skin will burn and it will flake, because it kills all the dead skin cells which block follicles. the main thing it does is inialate p acnes (the bacteria that causes acne), and once you are a few weeks in your skin feels good.

if you want info go to www.acne.org, you can buy bp gel from www.pharmacy2u.co.uk

the most important thing you will do is moisturise, when i first started i did this about 5 times a day, its essential to keep your skin healthy in the harsh period of the routine.

i use nivea for men sp15 moisturiser

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    indeed, some food are more likel to causes spots than others
    there is currently no scientific evidence to support this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endorf)
    well i never had acne or anything like that just the odd spot here or there, which i think looks stupid, worse than a few spots sometimes. anyhow i started using benzoyl peroxide 2.5% every morning and night and now i have literally perfect skin, not a single spot . but a word of warning to those considering this regime, it if f*cking harsh the first few weeks you use it, your skin will burn and it will flake, because it kills all the dead skin cells which block follicles. the main thing it does is inialate p acnes (the bacteria that causes acne), and once you are a few weeks in your skin feels good.

if you want info go to www.acne.org, you can buy bp gel from www.pharmacy2u.co.uk

the most important thing you will do is moisturise, when i first started i did this about 5 times a day, its essential to keep your skin healthy in the harsh period of the routine.

i use nivea for men sp15 moisturiser

i started using that, but used the 0.5%. it is really harsh.my skin went horrible which is why i stopped using it and resorted to steaming my face. that works really well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    i started using that, but used the 0.5%. it is really harsh.my skin went horrible which is why i stopped using it and resorted to steaming my face. that works really well
    yeah and you can get it up to 10% concentration, so imagine what that does. 2.5% has actually been proven to be the most effective, as 10% or 5% is simply to strong. the bottom line is benzoyl peroxide has been used since the 1930's and is still the primary treatment for acne because of its effecttiveness. if you want to reap the benefits you have to put up with the harshness for the first few weeks of use. i had serious reservations about using it for the sake of a few spots, but im glad i did now.

ReputationRep:
    if you have a steam room available near you, going in there for about 1/2 hr a day will ensure that you stay completely spot free...

i had that last summer, when i was staying at a 5-star hotel for a month, and it's amazing, as it completely clears the pores on your skin!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.