The Student Room Group

Strange University Merchandise

I applied to liverpool to do philosophy this year and along with a student handbook etc the department there sent me a set of postcards with the faces of the liverpool philosophy staff on it. I have treasured it ever since, despite the fact i rejected the offer - it's probably the most interesting postcard I've ever recieved as well as being quite rare.

Anyway, this got me thinking, did anyone get sent anything as strange or stranger by a university? Novelty scalpel pens for those applying for medicine, or mousemats with computing professors on for IT students, perhaps? What did you get?
Reply 1
Curious Orange
Anyway, this got me thinking, did anyone get sent anything as strange or stranger by a university? Novelty scalpel pens for those applying for medicine, or mousemats with computing professors on for IT students, perhaps? What did you get?

When I went to look round UMIST for Electronic Engineering, they gave me a tiny piece of silicon with their logo engraved on it - they were showing off their silicon etching techniques!
Reply 2
Central Lancashire offered a stress relief ball, and nylon draw-string bag emblazoned with their logo :cool:

I promptly rejected their offer when I returned home :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending