The Student Room Group

Is it possible to apply to Oxford with ACTs instead of your A levels?

I'm already an English student who has just finished their A levels, i'm thinking of sitting ACTs as well, is it possible to apply with that instead if it's a better result?
Original post by Kitkat5
I'm already an English student who has just finished their A levels, i'm thinking of sitting ACTs as well, is it possible to apply with that instead if it's a better result?

This is a new query for us. We are assuming that you do not hold a conditional offer and are thinking of applying post-qualification. (If you do hold a CO specifying A-level grades, you cannot subsitute an ACT-based offer).

You will have to declare your A-level grades (and any other completed qualifications) on an UCAS application. If in August these grades meet the standard offer, we can't see any advantage in also taking ACTs. If the grades fall below the standard offer for your course, then in the absence of extenuating circumstances the results could suggest to a selector that you may struggle with the degree programme. The standard offer for US students in any case specifies that in addition to a minimum ACT score of 32/36, candidates have to offer APs or SATs in three appropriate subjects.

Our advice is to wait and see what your A-level results are in August and try not to be too anxious about how the exams have gone in the meantime.

Brasenose Admissions
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending