Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My husband is looking to return to full time education in Sept 2017. He is a mature student (born 9/9/84). He would be completing his first BA degree (BA Primary with QTS). Currently he is working as an ESL teacher in China with an annual salary of £11,000 - £13,000. Could you tell me if he would be eligible for a student loan for his course on returning to the UK (returning January 2017)?

ReputationRep:
    You're probably not going to get many [helpful] responses anytime soon, it's 8am.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    You're probably not going to get many [helpful] responses anytime soon, it's 8am.
    And many of us are actually commuting then

(Original post by sallylouise85)
    My husband is looking to return to full time education in Sept 2017. He is a mature student (born 9/9/84). He would be completing his first BA degree (BA Primary with QTS). Currently he is working as an ESL teacher in China with an annual salary of £11,000 - £13,000. Could you tell me if he would be eligible for a student loan for his course on returning to the UK (returning January 2017)?
    This will all depend on whether sfe see him as a uk resident,does he pay taxes and have an address here?

ReputationRep:
    This will all depend on whether sfe see him as a uk resident,does he pay taxes and have an address here?[/QUOTE]

He doesn't currently pay taxes in the UK and his residential address when he comes back would be his parents house as we were renting before.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.