Turn on thread page Beta

Why do some guys act hot and cold towards a girl watch

So this guy I've noticed acts hot and cold. *One time he's smiling at me and waving ..next time I see him completely avoiding me. What's up with him? I'm fairly neutral and we've spoken before, I look forward to seeing him but he tries to avoid me when he realises I'm there, but as soon as our eyes meet, he has a massive smile and waves back again.*

One time he offered me a ride home but I declined, because I'm not used to it. I don't know if he took it personally but he avoided me next day.

What's the explanation? *

ReputationRep:
    it's so annoying how girls and boys think differently. I know what he is trying to say but its complicated explaining it. But do not ask him, it will make him feel awkward.

ReputationRep:
    Heat is Work and Work is Heat. Heat cannot of itself go from a colder to a hotter, you can try but it just won't want a.

I have no idea what your talking about.

How can someone act as a temperature?

I guess a "hot" person could move really fast and shake rapidly- the "cold" person could move really slowly and hardly shake at all.

(Original post by PHD2027)
    it's so annoying how girls and boys think differently. I know what he is trying to say but its complicated explaining it. But do not ask him, it will make him feel awkward.
    Ahh you can't leave me hanging, just try to explain in your words because I really don't know how to act now.*

ReputationRep:
    I deliberately act hot and cold myself because, well, it works.

Look at this right here, he's got you thinking about him enough for you to make a thread on TSR about him.

(Original post by Lemon Haze)
    Do you actually like the girl when you act hot and cold ?*

(Original post by Anonymous)
    So this guy I've noticed acts hot and cold. *One time he's smiling at me and waving ..next time I see him completely avoiding me. What's up with him? I'm fairly neutral and we've spoken before, I look forward to seeing him but he tries to avoid me when he realises I'm there, but as soon as our eyes meet, he has a massive smile and waves back again.*

One time he offered me a ride home but I declined, because I'm not used to it. I don't know if he took it personally but he avoided me next day.

What's the explanation? *
    Maybe you're making yourself too available, if you're constantly staring/wanting to talk/always there then, well, no one likes that. Just play hard to get and if he's interested then I'm sure he'll get "hotter" - by your words.

You go gurl, get dat d

ReputationRep:

Look at this right here, he's got you thinking about him enough for you to make a thread on TSR about him.
    but it's kind of annoying and immature sometimes because you don't know what to go on and it's not always good playing hard to get*

ReputationRep:
    Do you actually like the girl when you act hot and cold ?*
    If I am doing it deliberately, then yes. If I am acting hot and cold and I don't mean to then I probably don't. How are your suppose to know? I have no idea.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh you can't leave me hanging, just try to explain in your words because I really don't know how to act now.*
    he is trying to not act desperate and creepy when he is cold but he is also trying to kind of get closer to you. really confusing stuff,

Maybe you're making yourself too available, if you're constantly staring/wanting to talk/always there then, well, no one likes that. Just play hard to get and if he's interested then I'm sure he'll get "hotter" - by your words.

You go gurl, get dat d
    I think it's the opposite! I'm reserved/shy kinda girl! when he avoids me, I don't show interest while I do smile and wave back when he does it to...I'm merely a reflection of his actions. I do want to talk to him but he needs to be more approachable otherwise I chicken out.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    but it's kind of annoying and immature sometimes because you don't know what to go on and it's not always good playing hard to get*
    Male or Female, playing hard to get will always tickle our brains. It's the same psychology behind why girls don't go for the 'nice guy', even though they can appreciate his behaviour.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I personally if I want someone I will tell them straight up, I see no point playing childish hard to get games.

he is trying to not act desperate and creepy when he is cold but he is also trying to kind of get closer to you. really confusing stuff,
    But when he acts cold, I think I've done something that put him off or he's not interested anymore. So I become distant, even though my heart does race when he's there.*

ReputationRep:
    the fact that he offered you a ride home means that he likes you, but when you denied the invitation you may have made him feel like you think that he may be a pervert, so now he may be embarrassed to come over and talk to you
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    People arent rational and bots arent mature , hence boys. Just get on with your life and if he's interested he will let you know. Dont waste time analysing it.

Male or Female, playing hard to get will always tickle our brains. It's the same psychology behind why girls don't go for the 'nice guy', even though they can appreciate his behaviour.
    Playing hard to get makes me more attracted to them, yes but going completely OTT by walking in another direction as soon as he notices me (thinking I didn't see it) is a turn off. Like what have I done for him to avoid me like that?

Then again he does smile and wave when we actually meet so I don't really know what to make out of it.

the fact that he offered you a ride home means that he likes you, but when you denied the invitation you may have made him feel like you think that he may be a pervert, so now he may be embarrassed to come over and talk to you
    He could have just been trying to be nice though? He has a lot of female friends, however I don't have any guy friends so taking up his offer would have been out of my comfort zone. Also it confused me how he is outgoing with other girls but is more composed around me*

ReputationRep:
    He could have just been trying to be nice though? He has a lot of female friends, however I don't have any guy friends so taking up his offer would have been out of my comfort zone. Also it confused me how he is outgoing with other girls but is more composed around me*
    That could be a possibility, but to be honest, I dont think any guy would just give any girl a ride home just to be nice. but I see how that would be out of your comfort zone. also how old is this guy? He may be more into you than the other girls he is going out with that may be the reason why he is more composed around you.

ReputationRep:
    Have you actually spoken to him or do you two just wave at each other?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2016
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.