Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My boyfriend made female friends whilst on holiday Watch

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend came back yesterday from a lads holiday to Zante and when I saw him yesterday he told me that they made friends with a group of girls who were staying in their hotel. They all now have a group chat and they all really pretty but live in London.

We have been together for almost 2 and half years and he has always had female friends and I have never had a problem with that but something just feels different with these girls. I trust him completely but I just don't feel comfortable with these girls. He says I have nothing to worry about so I feel stupid for feeing this way but I just can't seem to get comfortable with the whole thing.

I'm interested to hear if anyone else has had a similar problem and how they coped and if I am just being stupid and unfair for feeling the way I do.

ReputationRep:
    You can't always help how you feel but I would just say,try not to overthink things,it always makes the situation look so much worse and complex than it probably is*

ReputationRep:
    It probably feels different because of the typical lads holiday stereotype. But the only real difference between these girls and his other female friends, is that he met them in a different country. I wouldn't worry too much, especially as he's trustworthy

Chances are he won't be seeing them again anyway!

ReputationRep:
    Whilst it's understandable how you feel, insecurity will kill your relationship.

Don't do this. It is damaging to the both of you. I still feel the effects of an insecure ex who had no reason to doubt my loyalty, EVER. Don't allow this to effect your partnership because your boyfriend will grow to resent you for it.

ReputationRep:
    man says are they flirting and hos?

ReputationRep:
    Make him go on the Jeremy Kyle show.*

ReputationRep:
    This is a difficult one because as far as you know so to speak, he hasn't done anything wrong, so you can't accuse him of anything without it flaring up and ending up looking like you're in the wrong. If you are ever curious or having doubts, just communicate with him.

Don't let insecurities or doubt ruin your relationship

Good luck OP

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.