Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I don't feel any emotions or any attachment to anyone(not even towards my mum or dad). I don't want to go out, or have a relationship(I was asked out but I said no). I am always worried. I don't even know what I am worried about. Always stressed. I don't want to do anything just stay in my room where no one bothers me at all. I don't want any connection with anyone whatsoever. But I am always nice to everyone and although I show I am happy but I am not. Nothing fascinates me. Am I going insane?

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like you're depressed and anxious. Depression makes me feel very little, and anxiety can contribute to it and it could be why you're always worried.

You can get a lot of help with this. See a GP and tell them how you feel - they could prescribe you antidepressants or refer you for therapy which can be a big help.

The important thing is that you know there's a problem so now you can fix it, you just need to get the right help. Things can get a lot better!

Let me know if you have any questions or anything

(Original post by JordanL_)
    It sounds like you're depressed and anxious. Depression makes me feel very little, and anxiety can contribute to it and it could be why you're always worried.

You can get a lot of help with this. See a GP and tell them how you feel - they could prescribe you antidepressants or refer you for therapy which can be a big help.

The important thing is that you know there's a problem so now you can fix it, you just need to get the right help. Things can get a lot better!

Let me know if you have any questions or anything
    Thank you. The thing I am worried about is I have a completely different personality once I leave home. I was recently put for a consultation but they told me to go private and I am worried the NHS is spending too much money on me since they did tonnes of bloods and the consulatant's fee aswell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thank you. The thing I am worried about is I have a completely different personality once I leave home. I was recently put for a consultation but they told me to go private and I am worried the NHS is spending too much money on me since they did tonnes of bloods and the consulatant's fee aswell.
    What exactly do you mean by having a different personality? I think I get that but I'm not sure.
    Don't worry about that, taking lots of bloods is fairly normal for this! Did they suggest you get paid private care? Usually adult mental health care is private but free, and you'll generally have to refer yourself (in my experience at least).

What exactly do you mean by having a different personality? I think I get that but I'm not sure.
    Don't worry about that, taking lots of bloods is fairly normal for this! Did they suggest you get paid private care? Usually adult mental health care is private but free, and you'll generally have to refer yourself (in my experience at least).
    The the thing I've to go private isn't this thing. That's to remove the gland. I haven't spoke about my mental state to anyone. What I mean by different personality is I am a completely different person, the way I speak, the tone, how I behave, my beliefs, how I look at certain things all change. Sorry about any confusion.

ReputationRep:
    If you're experiencing different personalities, most definitely get in contact with local mental health service. I know it's scary but it helps. I felt a lot of relief when I finally started talking about my experience with different parts of myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    The the thing I've to go private isn't this thing. That's to remove the gland. I haven't spoke about my mental state to anyone. What I mean by different personality is I am a completely different person, the way I speak, the tone, how I behave, my beliefs, how I look at certain things all change. Sorry about any confusion.
    Oh okay, I see. You should definitely speak to your GP about mental health and see what they can do.

I think I understand what you mean and I find something similar from depression. Its worth mentioning that to your GP too.

Oh okay, I see. You should definitely speak to your GP about mental health and see what they can do.

I think I understand what you mean and I find something similar from depression. Its worth mentioning that to your GP too.
    Okay. Thank you

(Original post by ~Tara~)
    If you're experiencing different personalities, most definitely get in contact with local mental health service. I know it's scary but it helps. I felt a lot of relief when I finally started talking about my experience with different parts of myself.
    I'll do it asap. Thank you

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.