Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone ,
    I'm in year 12 at the moment and eligible for both the access to Leeds and Newcastle partners. However I don't understand how they work for dentistry.
    If anyone could shed some light that would be great or if you know any other courses similar to this.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Newcastle via PARTNERS and I would definitely recommend it! It is a really good scheme and definitely worthwhile doing. Basically if you get an offer it is a lower offer than the standard one (mine was ABB rather than AAA) and if you decide to firm it, you participate in a summer school based at the university. You will meet other applicants and most likely attend sessions on both dentistry and higher education skills (well that's what my summer school was like anyway - it may change) They will probably set you a task to complete during and after the summer school, which is assessed. To meet the conditions of the offer you have to pass the summer school (which means attending all the sessions timetabled and passing any assessed tasks they set) and get the A-level grades they ask for too. Look on the university website under the PARTNERS section for more information, it probably explains it better than me but hope this helps to give you an idea of what to expect. In terms of the application process, it is the same for PARTNERS applicants and standard applicants, you will still need to get a good UKCAT score and meet the academic/work experience criteria/have a good personal statement to be invited to interview, and you will need to impress at interview to get an offer. There is a short application form to fill in alongside the UCAS form but it doesn't take long and your school/college will probably help you with that. Good luck with your application!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blues123)
    Hi everyone ,
    I'm in year 12 at the moment and eligible for both the access to Leeds and Newcastle partners. However I don't understand how they work for dentistry.
    If anyone could shed some light that would be great or if you know any other courses similar to this.
    Thanks
    Just wondering blues123 if you found any other access schemes that y12s going on to y13 can complete. Ive looked at pretty much all the other universities and the Leeds and Newcastle were the only ones that y13s could apply to

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.