Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi all,So I am in a new relationship however my ex keeps contacting me, asking how I am, what I'm up to, giving me updates on his life etc. I am not replying at all but I still keep getting them!
    I know from a close mutual friend that he is really struggling with our breakup and I don't want to entertain the possibility of a romantic reconciliation. I think it's best for him if he stops trying to contact me and moves on.Although I do not have romantic attachment to him, I care about his happiness and don't want to cause him any more pain than I already have.How to I let him know that he should stop contacting me, at least for a while until our past relationship is no longer a factor?Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Tell him your new boyfriend doesnt like him texting you or get your friend to do it

(Original post by Dr.Snake)
    Tell him your new boyfriend doesnt like him texting you or get your friend to do it
    This thought had crossed my mind, however I don't want my boyfriend to come off as the bad guy, it almost seems as if I'm saying
    "I want to talk to you but he doesn't want me to" Which is not the case!
    Am I just overthinking this?!

ReputationRep:
    Threaten him with the whole, "I will be left with no choice but to contact the police and be forced to submit a harassment charge if you do not stop trying to contact me, so can we please just remain mutual friends without having to escalate this situation further"
    Bit harsh, but should work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    This thought had crossed my mind, however I don't want my boyfriend to come off as the bad guy, it almost seems as if I'm saying
    "I want to talk to you but he doesn't want me to" Which is not the case!
    Am I just overthinking this?!
    The only way he will stop is if you explain to him you dont like it and that you two arent in a relationship anymore. You are ignoring him so you're coming off as the bad guy anyways. Might as well just get straight to the point.

ReputationRep:
    Just tell him the truth and be honest about why you don't want to talk anymore, then go no contact. Block him if you have to. There is obviously no need to be cruel or mean, but that doesn't mean you have to molly coddle him either. He's not your responsibility anymore.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.