Turn on thread page Beta

Im 22, but people think I'm 13 watch

As the title says, I frequently get mistaken for being around 13 or 14 or at best 15 years old despite turning 22 last month. I look back at my old photos and since 16 my face has become less ugly but I still look like a young teenager. It's nothing to do with how I dress or style my hair and a beard doesn't really help. I'm pretty sure I act my age, but of course, what girl wants to go out with someone who looks like a young teenager!

Does anyone else look much younger than their actual age, or have any advice?

ReputationRep:
    How short are you?

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry, it will all be good when you are age 30 and look 20

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    no and no. sorry

ReputationRep:
    As the title says, I frequently get mistaken for being around 13 or 14 or at best 15 years old despite turning 22 last month. I look back at my old photos and since 16 my face has become less ugly but I still look like a young teenager. It's nothing to do with how I dress or style my hair and a beard doesn't really help. I'm pretty sure I act my age, but of course, what girl wants to go out with someone who looks like a young teenager!

Lmao OP I have the same problem, I'm always getting told I look 16-18 when I'm 22. One guy even told me I look 12 lol.

Still, it helps a lot when picking up guys younger than you are

ReputationRep:
    I know dat feel. Well, similar

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure many people can relate to that as nowadays we don't look the age that we actually are, like in your case I'm 15 yet people claim I look 19/20 ish , and because of this they claim I need to pay things such as adults tickets to get the bus or similar things.
    There's not a lot of advice for this other than trying to look your age and keep your ID with you for proof x
    Alsoooo my mum claims that the food we eat affects this sort of stuff, all the artificials and fast foods we eat which apparently affect us but to what extent she's correct, I don't know 😂

ReputationRep:
    I remember when I was 16 I got mistaken as a 13 yr old :facepalm:Smh this is why I hate being short

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1secondsofvamps)
    I remember when I was 16 I got mistaken as a 13 yr old :facepalm:Smh this is why I hate being short
    From a distance, you look asian (I assume you are...) so that isn't particularly surprising.

ReputationRep:
    I have the opposite problem.. I've had to carry ID for buses since I was 12 because apparently I looked over 16 although looking older has some benefits I guess..

ReputationRep:
    I'm 18 and sometimes I get ID'd for 15 rated films at the cinema .. I still get away with getting child tickets for pretty much anything as well. I think that's mainly to do with my height though.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people would be happy to go out with someone who looks young. Yeah sure it's annoying when you're an adult and people make assumptions and give you hassle when going out or whatever, but who wants to look old lol. Embrace your youthfulness before you're 40 and crying over how you wish you looked young.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fr0sr_)
    From a distance, you look asian (I assume you are...) so that isn't particularly surprising.
    Yeah I am

ReputationRep:
    Same I'm 17 but I look 12. People give me crawp about it all the time but when I'm around 40 I'll be laughing at them.

(Original post by PrincessBO$$)
    How short are you?
    5 foot 10 so not really short :/. It's the face lol.

ReputationRep:
    5 foot 10 so not really short :/. It's the face lol.
    I'm 16 and have baby face but i look older because I'M really tall for a girl I'm 179.5cm 5ft11

ReputationRep:
    I'm 16 and people say I'm 9 :cry2: :lol:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Take it as a compliment i imagine it's better than a 13 year old getting mistaken for a 40 year old..

ReputationRep:
    I have the same problem - I'm 16 (17 in 3 days) but people think I'm 12/13. The annoying thing is when I hear people discussing my age and what year I'm in whilst I'm wearing 6th Form clothes or my leavers jacket, it's pretty obvious:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: And then there was someone in my tutor group who thought I was in year 8 instead of year 12, she must be absolutely stupid because I've been there much longer than she has.....

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! People would pay good money to look young again, consider yourself blessed

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.