Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why would a white guy ask a Muslim hijabi girl whom is a complete stranger for their number? It happened to me recently, (I was stopped in the middle of the street) and I'm still baffled at it. His reasons were "So we can talk on whatsapp" and also "Because I think you're pretty". I had no interest in giving my number but clearly he could see I was a Muslim, from my hijab so why. It seemed so strange.

ReputationRep:
    lol this is not pakistan. welcome to the UK

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Why would a white guy ask a Muslim hijabi girl whom is a complete stranger for their number? It happened to me recently, (I was stopped in the middle of the street) and I'm still baffled at it. His reasons were "So we can talk on whatsapp" and also "Because I think you're pretty". I had no interest in giving my number but clearly he could see I was a Muslim, from my hijab so why. It seemed so strange.
    The simplest explanation is that he was telling the truth... Unless you think no one can tell whether or not you are attractive without first seeing your hair.

ReputationRep:
    He obviously finds you attractive and wants to get to know you better

ReputationRep:
    whats so bad about it that you have to make a tsr post, lol grow up

ReputationRep:
    You do not have to be pretty without a hijab. There are a lot of Pretty hijabis
    Like the ones below

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...eaf89d8302.jpg
    http://i62.tinypic.com/9qwz2u.jpg
    https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/01...68053671420902
    Although please watch out. There are men with hijabi fetishes!

(Original post by PrincessBO$$)
    You do not have to be pretty without a hijab. There are a lot of Pretty hijabis
    Like the ones below

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...eaf89d8302.jpg
    http://i62.tinypic.com/9qwz2u.jpg
    https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/01...68053671420902
    Although please watch out. There are men with hijabi fetishes!
    Their faces are plastered with makeup-which counteracts the whole point of hijab

ReputationRep:
    Their faces are plastered with makeup-which counteracts the whole point of hijab
    Lol i know but some can pretty without makeup here is the first one without makeup
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNWzMPyWUAABo1g.jpg
    You need a pretty face to look pretty with makeup! And yes they are defeating the purpose of hijab! Who r we to judge tho

(Original post by Xenon17)
    lol this is not pakistan. welcome to the UK
    I've had muslim guys approach me before so it's not something new It's only that he was not a Muslim which threw me

I've had muslim guys approach me before so it's not something new It's only that he was not a Muslim which threw me
    Dating muslims is taboo especially because of all the negative hype on the media about islam- so it is possible some people get turned on by that or are intrigued.

ReputationRep:
    Why would a white guy ask a Muslim hijabi girl whom is a complete stranger for their number?
    Perhaps go with the "DEATH TO THE KUFFAR!" T-shirt/hijab combo next time, maybe that way such innocent numpties will get le message :pierre:

Spoiler:
    Show
    ..and people wonder why I go around proclaiming the failure of state multiculturalism (Cameron, 2011), drawing attention to pariah communities/parallel states within our society, and suggesting Islam is unsustainable outside of the Muslim world! :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Perhaps go with the "DEATH TO THE KUFFAR!" T-shirt/hijab combo next time, maybe that way such innocent numpties will get le message :pierre:

Spoiler:
    Show
    ..and people wonder why I go around proclaiming the failure of state multiculturalism (Cameron, 2011), drawing attention to pariah communities/parallel states within our society, and suggesting Islam is unsustainable outside of the Muslim world! :facepalm2:
    I can understand why they may not want to date a non Muslim because of religion,parents and family etc just like some people wouldn't want to date outside their race/culture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    I can understand why they may not want to date a non Muslim because of religion,parents and family etc just like some people wouldn't want to date outside their race/culture
    Naturally, and that's perfectly understandable (indeed arguably respectable), but this whole *you can tell I'm a Muslim, you're not one of us, you're one of them, so why are you even talking to me* attitude is 'problematic' (to put it mildly). Imagine if I posted the OP about a girl in hijab!?:mute:

ReputationRep:
    Naturally, and that's perfectly understandable (indeed arguably respectable), but this whole *you can tell I'm a Muslim, you're not one of us, you're one of them, so why are you even talking to me* attitude is 'problematic' (to put it mildly). Imagine if I posted the OP about a girl in hijab!?:mute:
    oh okay so you're talking about the us and them mentality? I wonder if Muslim guys are also like this or if it's only girls who behave in such a manner when it comes to non Muslims wanting to date or flirt or whatever else. But yeah it does come across as devisive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    I wonder if Muslim guys are also like this
    Be serious!:mute:

Spoiler:
    Show
    (see wave of Muslim-male vs. white-female rape gangs up and down the country, over decades, FYR) :erm:

yeah it does come across as divisive
    Correct answer. Truth is, many of us kuffar don't bother approaching women with Muslamic credentials, and I can see where the OP is coming from, but still find the expressed sentiment/state of affairs re: importantion of a demonstrably culturally incompatible people completely unacceptable :dry:

Be serious!:mute:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (see wave of Muslim-male vs. white-female rape gangs up and down the country, over decades, FYR) :erm:
    Correct answer. Truth is, many of us kuffar don't bother approaching women with Muslamic credentials, and I can see where the OP is coming from, but still find the expressed sentiment/state of affairs re: importantion of a demonstrably culturally incompatible people completely unacceptable :dry:
    Muslims have been coming to GB since the 15th century and up until 15 years ago there wasn't an issue. Muslims weren't seen as "incompatible" they were seen as what they are...regular humans. Now stop being such a sheep and getting on the media hate wagon.

ReputationRep:
    Muslims have been coming to GB since the 15th century
    Asians have been coming to USA since tens of thousands of years ago. Your point? :dontknow:

up until 15 years ago there wasn't an issue
    According to whom?

Muslims weren't seen as "incompatible"
    By whom?

what they are...regular humans
    Being a regular human doesn't make you culturally compatible. I'm a regular human, but I would not fit in in KSA. Capeesh?

stop being such a sheep and getting on the media hate wagon
    Apparently we've never met. See my threads FYR. Educate yourself :yy:

ReputationRep:
    It's not strange

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.