Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am at around 22-24% body fat right now which I am definately not happy about. Apart from that I'm a skinny wreck but I know that before I can build muscle I should first drop the fat. I would be grateful if someone advised me with a specific diet and a training plan I could take on whether it's crossfit or running.
    There was a period where I would go running 4 days a week which I really enjoyed but I couldn't make it past 3 weeks in a row which I'm annoyed about. But now with the warm weather I am truly motivated and willing to put in work to get in shape.
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    How tall are you?How heavy are you?Male or female?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    How tall are you?How heavy are you?Male or female?
    5ft 7, weigh around 58kg and male if that's all you need to know.

ReputationRep:
    Diet and workout plan

ReputationRep:
    proper exercise, running and dieting are the perfect routine to lose weight..

ReputationRep:
    hi Tomekplnd
    the best way to loose fat and get more muscles is to go for a mountain hike at least for a week.
    lats may i took 20 people to Everest base camp, they are all people sitting in office all days and the average weight lost was 5 kg per person. All of them got extra muscles on legs and around backbone.
    I think it's too boring to go to a gym.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomekplnd)
    I am at around 22-24% body fat right now which I am definately not happy about. Apart from that I'm a skinny wreck but I know that before I can build muscle I should first drop the fat. I would be grateful if someone advised me with a specific diet and a training plan I could take on whether it's crossfit or running.
    There was a period where I would go running 4 days a week which I really enjoyed but I couldn't make it past 3 weeks in a row which I'm annoyed about. But now with the warm weather I am truly motivated and willing to put in work to get in shape.
    So the problem with that routine is that with a lot running you not only lose body fat but some muscle also. I ran to lose weight and I ended up losing a lot of my bulk and definition. I started to get really sculpted and defined by using Beachbody's hammer and chisel workout it truly changed my life and I can honestly say I am very happy with the way I look now. It comes with meal plans so you never have to guess about if you are getting enough protein because I personally always struggled with that. The meal plan along with the workout really help you lose the fat and gain muscle. Take a look into it trust me it can make a huge difference!

https://www.beachbody.com/product/fi...sel-workout.do

ReputationRep:
    Honestly doing any form of exercise is going to both burn fat and build muscle, so find a sport you enjoy and do that often! You'll feel happier to be getting healthier that way. And as for diets, just eat healthily, allow yourself one cheat day, no snacking(only eat 3 meals a day, no more) and drink lots of water!

ReputationRep:
    Don't run! You need to lift weights. But intensely, don't just sit at the gym for 2 hours doing biceps curls. Short, intense workouts - around 20-40 minutes - incorporating strength and conditioning.

ReputationRep:
    To lose one pound of weight per week you need to eat 500 less calories per day

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.