Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S1939)
    It would be awesome to use this thread to connect with each other/ share each others work etc.

I'll hopefully be shadowing a film director this summer for a low budget film, so if all works out- I'll share my experiences with you all.

If any of you have worked on a film set, it would be great if you guys shared your experience on this thread!

Looking forward to your replies!
    I'm a playwright.

I say "I'm a playwright"....well, I haven't had anything formally published, but I've written 4 plays, 2 musicals and a few sketches.

But I would like to actually work with people in bringing these plays to life in either film format or stage format. Unfortunately, I'm such a lonely soul that this doesn't happen!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S1939)
    Awesome!
    I'm sorry that you've been finding it difficult to get your work out there.
    I know someone who sent their plays to Hampstead theatre to be commissioned. Although it's very competitive- give it a shot!

https://www.hampsteadtheatre.com/about-us/playwriting/

I'm currently working on a factual play, so if you have any tips/advice- lets PM
    Would be up for any collaborations as well
    That sounds awesome!
    I'm in Portsmouth, just so you know. I know a few well known playwrights myself- Mark Wheeller, Zella Compton, Lee Hall, William Shakespeare... OK, maybe not the last one!

I'd love that idea. I can send you some excerpts if you'd like. I know one person who owns a theatre company, so that could be helpful.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.