• View Poll Results: Corbyn or Eagle?
    Corbyn
    77.14%
    Eagle
    22.86%

ReputationRep:
    Who do you prefer?

ReputationRep:
    I have to say, it would be interesting to see what would happen...
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Voting for the invasion (many fell under Tony Blair's spell) is not as troubling as voting against an investigation in my view.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Corbyn is the leader for today. He won't be forever and in time a natural replacement will arise. Angela Eagle is not that replacement.

ReputationRep:
    It is no surprise to see that a politician who has made a career out of defying the whip is having trouble imposing the whip on his MPs. Anyone who thought such a person could be a leader and a unifying influence must be severely challenged in the understanding department.

ReputationRep:
    Baised to ask here, full of far-left wingers here who think taxing 60% of income after £40,000 is good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Awakener)
    Who do you prefer?

He's not what the Labour party need or the country. He's anti-Semitic, loves the terror groups, does not believe in the policies of the Labour party and MPS, he mumbles, scruffy and just an arrogant, scargill error throwback who resides in the 1950's & 60's.

The country needs a younger more in tune leader for Labour as a strong opposition is required. He won't be allowed to run I hope if, IF he wins then Labour party & 172+ mps will leave and establish a New Party. He can be stubborn and suck and **** his 40 mps!

:rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    It is no surprise to see that a politician who has made a career out of defying the whip is having trouble imposing the whip on his MPs. Anyone who thought such a person could be a leader and a unifying influence must be severely challenged in the understanding department.
    The Unions chose him, they are just what you say in the latter part. They are old and stuck in their old ways, their time has been & gone but stubbornly they cling on to power.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Except that she and the rest of Labour along with Lib Dem rebels voted against the increase to £9k per year. 3k per year with a maintenance grant is a totally different proposition to 9k per year with a maintenance loan.

Most sensible people also think that IS have to be stopped and support airstrikes. The same applies to Trident especially in light of Putin's recent behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    Not the biggest fan of Jeremy, but given the choice between him and Angela, I have to reluctantly side with Team Corbyn.

Angela is one of the poorer candidates the centre-right of the party could've put forward. Hasn't impressed me in the current Shadow Cabinet, although she was good under Miliband. But her personal appeal to the wider electorate is dire, I think even Corbyn beats her in that regard. Her policy would probably have wider appeal, but unfortunately as seen in the last election perception wins elections, not policy. Still, I think the other potential contenders had the political savvy not to ruin their career being the figurehead of the Labour coup, and earning the eternal contempt of the left of the party in the process. The fact it took Eagle so long to actually come forward and challenge Corbyn is ridiculous and quite frankly incompetent. Everyone knew she was going to do it, but she left it forever. The Tories have got a new Prime Minister in the time it took Labour to actually bring forward a challenger to Corbyn. In a leadership election she would get trounced by Jeremy Corbyn. If they had an alternative candidate along side them two, maybe one who stood as a unity centre of the road candidate, in the vein of John Smith, I would vote for them. At the moment I don't really want to vote for either. The only hope for the centre, centre right and anti-Corbyn lot at this moment is that Jeremy doesn't make it onto the ballet, in which case a split is inevitable. And I don't think Labour would recover from that split, along with the fallout of both Brexit and the Scottish referendum. We'd be handing the next half century to the Tories on a plate. Labour need to stick with Jeremy until the next election, and only when the Labour vote collapses will the party members realise that England is too far to the right to win with a leader from the hard left of the party. Of course I want him to win, but it just isn't going to happen.

I really really do miss Ed Miliband. I'd have him back in a heart beat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ckfeister)
    Baised to ask here, full of far-left wingers here who think taxing 60% of income after £40,000 is good.
    Have a look at the news and current affairs and UK politics forums, they're full of xenophobics and Trump supporters.

As for Corbyn vs Eagle, I support Corbyn much more, and I supported him throughout the Labour leadership campaign. It's a shame they have had to try and get rid of him but I understand why.

ReputationRep:
    Who do you prefer?

In all fairness and I know most young people will deny this, tuition fees are a good thing. Stops people from taking advantage of tax payers money just to have a good time.

And come on I think its fair. If I was to start a business and take out a loan and didn't earn over £21,000 per year - they wouldn't let you off! Young people need to start living on planet earth and things do cost money.

I don't like Eagle, however a Corbyn labour will never win an election. He's got a big following, however general voters are running away fast. I don't blame them, I wouldn't want that nutter running a local bakery, tell me about the country!

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely 100% Corbyn. I joined the Labour Party after it had gotten rid of its New Labour stance, something I did not like, and if they bring it back through Eagle I will not be very happy

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, at this juncture, Labour HAVE to back Jeremy Corbyn. He's gathered so much popularity now that his replacement will be looked on really unfavourably.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    Most sensible people also think that IS have to be stopped and support airstrikes. The same applies to Trident especially in light of Putin's recent behaviour.
    IS have to be stopped, but airstrikes do not achieve this. Instead, they result in the opposite - when you are one of the many Syrians already vulnerable to radicalisation, and your country is now being bombed by some foreign power with far more advanced weaponry than anything you could dream of, killing people you know - good people, you are going to be more likely to see where IS are coming from, and buy into the idea of the "western devils" who are "destroying our country".

Airstrikes simply worsen the situation of the Syrian people, further contributing to the environment in which people see the west as evil, exactly what IS want. Airstrikes play right into their hand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KomradeKorbyn)
    IS have to be stopped, but airstrikes does not achieve this. Airstrikes result in the opposite - when you are one of the many Syrians already vulnerable to radicalisation, and your country is now being bombed by some foreign power with far more advanced weaponry than anything you could dream of, killing people you know - good people, you are going to be more likely to see where IS are coming from, and buy into the idea of the "western devils" who are "destroying our country".

Airstrikes simply worsen the situation of the Syrian people, further contributing to the environment in which people see the west as evil, exactly what IS want. Airstrikes play right into their hand.
    Except they are making a difference as they're being coordinated with the people on the ground who are fighting them. IS' caliphate is shrinking due to the pressure they're under.

ReputationRep:
    Who do you prefer?

Corbyn because he actually stands for something.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Corbyn cos then the conservative bois gonna win that election ting innit
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Somewhere in between, so the result of their child.

ReputationRep:
    Only one way to find out .....

Spoiler:
    Show

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.