Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Advice on how to stop over eating. watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! I need some tips and advice on how to reduce my portion size because I over eat!!! Even when I'm not hungry I eat more than necessary, either because I'm bored, stressed or upset. Although, I'm skinny and do some moderate exercise from time to time, I want to start exercise more frequently and regulating my diet better, so that I can get toned for summer. Any help is much appreciated!
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    If you are skinny then overeating isnt your problem. Go and lift some weights if you wnat a better shape.
    You can learn to have a healthier more nutritious diet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedRosesBloom)
    Hi guys! I need some tips and advice on how to reduce my portion size because I over eat!!! Even when I'm not hungry I eat more than necessary, either because I'm bored, stressed or upset. Although, I'm skinny and do some moderate exercise from time to time, I want to start exercise more frequently and regulating my diet better, so that I can get toned for summer. Any help is much appreciated!
    If you're not hungry enough to eat a food that you hate, then you're not hungry at all.
    Also, drink two big glasses of water before each meal so you eat less.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe try drinking around 8-10 glasses of water a day, so like the water will fill you up so you won't feel as hungry Hope all goes well for you hunny!
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    If you claim to be overeating then how do you explain being skinny?

Do you weigh and log the food you eat? If not how do you know you are overeating?

ReputationRep:
    Do high carb low fat veganism. Just watch some YouTube videos and stuff like that on what to eat and see the results people are getting. It seems hard at first but you can ease into it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    If you're skinny, you're not overeating. If you're not getting fat, you're not overeating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    If you are skinny then overeating isnt your problem. Go and lift some weights if you wnat a better shape.
    You can learn to have a healthier more nutritious diet.
    what I'm trying to do

(Original post by CorpusLuteum)
    If you're not hungry enough to eat a food that you hate, then you're not hungry at all.
    Also, drink two big glasses of water before each meal so you eat less.
    True, the only problem is that I'm surrounded by tempting cakes, chocolates etc specially on the weekend, it's hard to resist them :P

(Original post by Reachin4TheStars)
    Maybe try drinking around 8-10 glasses of water a day, so like the water will fill you up so you won't feel as hungry Hope all goes well for you hunny!
    Thanks I've been trying to drink as much water as possible but struggling :P

If you claim to be overeating then how do you explain being skinny? Because I'm pretty active person and I suppose I have a high metabolism too?

Do you weigh and log the food you eat? If not how do you know you are overeating?
    No I don't do that but I know. For example, for dinner I have a big plate of food and then have seconds and sometimes thirds. I snack a lot specially at college (chocolate, crisps etc - not so much now because I have been trying to cut down on it) and it's even worse on the weekends and I've been told this by my friends and family.

(Original post by Airbear)
    Do high carb low fat veganism. Just watch some YouTube videos and stuff like that on what to eat and see the results people are getting. It seems hard at first but you can ease into it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    will have a look thanks

(Original post by WoodyMKC)
    If you're skinny, you're not overeating. If you're not getting fat, you're not overeating.
    just because someone is skinny doesn't mean they don't have a high body fat index! Personally, I don't know what mine is, when I tried it at the shopping market, it said mine was right for my height and age; although, I don't think it was very accurate. Nonethless, I'm pretty active, I just want to cut down on how much I eat and start eating healthier too, to get better results.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    just because someone is skinny doesn't mean they don't have a high body fat index! Personally, I don't know what mine is, when I tried it at the shopping market, it said mine was right for my height and age; although, I don't think it was very accurate. Nonethless, I'm pretty active, I just want to cut down on how much I eat and start eating healthier too, to get better results.
    If you're carrying a lot of fat then you're not skinny :rofl: You might have skinny limbs or face or whatever and be what we refer to as "skinny-fat" but there's no avoiding the fact that you're fat.

ReputationRep:
    Try drinking more water amd be more active to take your mind of food. If youare bored sitting at home you will more compelled to binge eat.

ReputationRep:
    Drink an approiate amount of water through out the day, have foods high in fibre (makes you fuller)

ReputationRep:
    If you're carrying a lot of fat then you're not skinny :rofl: You might have skinny limbs or face or whatever and be what we refer to as "skinny-fat" but there's no avoiding the fact that you're fat.
    Well no otherwise I would have flabby skin. Stop making assumptions. Don't understand what's so funny either. Why are you even questioning whether I'm skinny or not from overeating or not overeating! I asked advice on how to stop eating so much not for an interrogatory -___-.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster

No I don't do that but I know. For example, for dinner I have a big plate of food and then have seconds and sometimes thirds. I snack a lot specially at college (chocolate, crisps etc - not so much now because I have been trying to cut down on it) and it's even worse on the weekends and I've been told this by my friends and family.

You dont seem to appreciate the basics about weight control. You are skinny, which indicates you are not overweight.

Because we dont know your stats, then its hard to say where you are on the basic BMI scale.

You dont know how much you are eating, so its hard to say if you are eating too little , just enough or more than needed. the fact you are skinny indicates you are certainly not eating too much. Unless you record it you will never really know other than the guesstimate of being skinny.

That is different from eating a healthy diet. You cna eat healthy, but eat more than you need and gain weight just as you can eat unhealthy, but less than you need and lose.

Basic healthy diets consist of complex carbs, 5 fruit and veg, lean protein, good fats and enough fibre. You tend to get more food for your calories and its more nutrutious, so ist easier to survive on fewer calories. Once you hit your daily macros then you cna fill the surplus calories with anything you want really. So think about lifestyle change.

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Goodfood/...ing-teens.aspx

The effect you want will be from resistance work and lifting weights.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    Try drinking more water amd be more active to take your mind of food. If youare bored sitting at home you will more compelled to binge eat.
    Haha that is so true I do find myself eating more when I'm at home bored doing nothing :P thank you

(Original post by SuperHuman98)
    Drink an approiate amount of water through out the day, have foods high in fibre (makes you fuller)
    ok, thank you

ReputationRep:
    And no I don't have skinny limbs or face!!!

ReputationRep:
    Do the BMI and inform us of your result, that'll decide whether you need to make any changes or not.

If you're skinny the last thing you should do is eat less.

ReputationRep:
    You dont seem to appreciate the basics about weight control. You are skinny, which indicates you are not overweight.

Because we dont know your stats, then its hard to say where you are on the basic BMI scale.

You dont know how much you are eating, so its hard to say if you are eating too little , just enough or more than needed. the fact you are skinny indicates you are certainly not eating too much. Unless you record it you will never really know other than the guesstimate of being skinny.

That is different from eating a healthy diet. You cna eat healthy, but eat more than you need and gain weight just as you can eat unhealthy, but less than you need and lose.

Basic healthy diets consist of complex carbs, 5 fruit and veg, lean protein, good fats and enough fibre. You tend to get more food for your calories and its more nutrutious, so ist easier to survive on fewer calories. Once you hit your daily macros then you cna fill the surplus calories with anything you want really. So think about lifestyle change.

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Goodfood/...ing-teens.aspx

The effect you want will be from resistance work and lifting weights.
    Well I've checked my BMI out in a range of websites and it indicates I have a healthy weight. I just need to eat more nutritious food regularly and do more weights. Thank you for all the information and great advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    Do the BMI and inform us of your result, that'll decide whether you need to make any changes or not.

If you're skinny the last thing you should do is eat less.
    BMI= 19.8. Just did it on the NHS website.

ReputationRep:
    BMI= 19.8. Just did it on the NHS website.
    Then you do not need to be losing any weight, as you're most likely only around 0.5 stone away from falling into the underweight category.

If you're concerned about what you're eating in specific, start replacing unhealthy snacks with healthy alternatives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    Then you do not need to be losing any weight, as you're most likely only around 0.5 stone away from falling into the underweight category.

If you're concerned about what you're eating in specific, start replacing unhealthy snacks with healthy alternatives.
    Thanks

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.