Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am applying for Biomedical science Bsc.

My firm choice is St George's university and my insurance choice is Brunel University.

To get in to St George's university you are required to obtain grades ABB in your A levels including Biology, Chemistry and one other subject, but excluding General Studies during Summer 2016.

To get into Brunel University you are required to get grades BBB.

After sitting AS resits and A2 exams I think I am going to get a B in Biology, a C in Chemistry and an E in Maths. I have already received an A* for EPQ this year by checking the project Q website. Will this be enough to go into university?

I am feeling nervous because I don't know if they will let me do a third year for retaking A levels, especially since the specifications are changing?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by shahchow124)

My firm choice is St George's university and my insurance choice is Brunel University.

To get in to St George's university you are required to obtain grades ABB in your A levels including Biology, Chemistry and one other subject, but excluding General Studies during Summer 2016.

After sitting AS resits and A2 exams I think I am going to get a B in Biology, a C in Chemistry and an E in Maths. I have already received an A* for EPQ this year by checking the project Q website. Will this be enough to go into university?

I am feeling nervous because I don't know if they will let me do a third year for retaking A levels, especially since the specifications are changing?
    If they've specified a grade offer, it appears that you would be too far off with those grades. Do they offer foundation years? If so, you could ask that you be considered for those. (In answer to your question, you might not go to those universities but from someone who got BEE, you can still get into university somewhere somehow).

ReputationRep:
    If we include that A* in your EPQ you would have 360 UCAS points which quite a few universities would gladly accept. So yes, you can still go to university. Have a look at different university websites and find one that appeals to you.

Whether or not it is enough to get into your firm or insurance, no one knows.

ReputationRep:

You may need to have a look in clearing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LPauling)
    You may need to have a look in clearing
    I believe what you say is most likely to be true. But I don't want to do clearing because usually you get to lower courses. I am more likely to retake a levels again and hope to get all A*s. Now I know where I went wrong. I wasn't studying consistently and I was cramming. All I need to do is wait for the results day and I will see what happens.

ReputationRep:
    I believe what you say is most likely to be true. But I don't want to do clearing because usually you get to lower courses. I am more likely to retake a levels again and hope to get all A*s. Now I know where I went wrong. I wasn't studying consistently and I was cramming. All I need to do is wait for the results day and I will see what happens.
    It wouldnt hurt to look at clearing at least just in case you spot a course at a uni you do want to go to? But yes if all fails then you can resit so no need to panic

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.