Turn on thread page Beta

When I tell people I use TSR instead of social media watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I don't really use soical media never been into it, I prefer internet forum like TSR. When people/friends see me using my phone, they assume that I'm on some type of social media sites. Were in fact I'm on TSR lol, when I tell them that I'm using TSR I always get this response XD....

When people tell me to fellow them on twiiter or instagram I just tell them fellow me on TSR lol
    Does anyone here get some werid reaction when you tell people you use TSR?

ReputationRep:
    I don't tell anyone I use TSR.
    Why would I do that, just makes me sound more of a low life than I already am.

ReputationRep:
    Follow me on Instagram

ReputationRep:
    They usually think this:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CorpusLuteum)
    I don't tell anyone I use TSR.
    Why would I do that, just makes me sound more of a low life than I already am.
    Your username😩😩😩 tf?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maggie43)
    Your username😩😩😩 tf?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes.
    My username, great isnt it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You could argue that TSR is a form of social media.

I've never actively broadcast the fact I use TSR. In the same way I don't broadcast any forums I'm a part of. In the same way I don't hound people to follow me on Twitter or friend me on Facebook.

TSR is low key enough that many people won't know what it is. Especially if you call it TSR. If you at least say The Student Room people may have heard of it.

ReputationRep:
    but u only have 4 gems? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Facebook and twitter have become so boring now its unreal - if it wasn't for the fb messenger then i wouldn't bother using it... the discussions on here are genuinely useful and entertaining
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Using TSR is a bit like working for the secret service. For the sake of your own wellbeing, no one apart from your colleagues should know that you're part of the organisation. :no:

:laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    You could argue that TSR is a form of social media.

I've never actively broadcast the fact I use TSR. In the same way I don't broadcast any forums I'm a part of. In the same way I don't hound people to follow me on Twitter or friend me on Facebook.

TSR is low key enough that many people won't know what it is. Especially if you call it TSR. If you at least say The Student Room people may have heard of it.
    Even after I explain what TSR is and what it stands for people still don't know what it is, including fellow students.

(Original post by Jenx301)
    but u only have 4 gems? :lolwut:
    Yeah so? I have over 1700 post

(Original post by Indeterminate)
    Using TSR is a bit like working for the secret service. For the sake of your own wellbeing, no one apart from your colleagues should know that you're part of the organisation. :no:

Ooh I like that, only the elite may know about TSR lol :yep: :007:

Posted from OtherWorld

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indeterminate)

:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    thats the real addiction :five:

ReputationRep:
    TSR summed up in one gif, everyones sooooo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    TSR summed up in one gif, everyones sooooo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    thats the real addiction :five:
    :five:

Posted from OtherWorld

ReputationRep:
    The Sims Resource.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr T 999)
    I don't really use soical media never been into it, I prefer internet forum like TSR. When people/friends see me using my phone, they assume that I'm on some type of social media sites. Were in fact I'm on TSR lol, when I tell them that I'm using TSR I always get this response XD....

When people tell me to fellow them on twiiter or instagram I just tell them fellow me on TSR lol
    Does anyone here get some werid reaction when you tell people you use TSR?
    Same

I cannot even dare post here some of the comments I here about TSR
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    My friend knows I go on tsr for much more than just gcse stuff lmao. Her tutor even recommended her tsr for academia lol but she seems reluctant cos it's not her thing to take part in online discussions...who could blame her

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tsr forever.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.