The Student Room Group

When would be the best time for me to go holiday??

I know I shouldn't be posting in here but I couldn't find anywhere else to post this.

So I'm in 4th year. My family and I are going on holiday to Pakistan in the October holidays. Because my mums brother is getting married and also to see family (that I haven't seen in 7 years).

My mum wants to go for 6-7 weeks in October ( we get 2 weeks holidays in October ) so I'll be missing 4-5 weeks of school.

What can I do to make up for this time? I am taking my cousins past exam papers (he has the same subjects except from chemistry). I can go over the them when I'm in Pakistan.

But what if this isn't enough what can I do?
I'm really worried about this and I think I might fail my exams.

Please help me
Original post by abubakaraziz
I know I shouldn't be posting in here but I couldn't find anywhere else to post this.

So I'm in 4th year. My family and I are going on holiday to Pakistan in the October holidays. Because my mums brother is getting married and also to see family (that I haven't seen in 7 years).

My mum wants to go for 6-7 weeks in October ( we get 2 weeks holidays in October ) so I'll be missing 4-5 weeks of school.

What can I do to make up for this time? I am taking my cousins past exam papers (he has the same subjects except from chemistry). I can go over the them when I'm in Pakistan.

But what if this isn't enough what can I do?
I'm really worried about this and I think I might fail my exams.

Please help me

well legally it's your parents responsibility to ensure that you're receiving a suitable education by either sending you to a school or otherwise... what's your parents plan for discharging their legal responsibility?

IMO seems like a ridiculously long time to take off school for a holiday, 10 days is considered a lot (this used to be the maximum amount a head teacher could excuse in exceptional circumstances - nowadays it's passed on to the local authority who decide whether to prosecute the parents)

I suppose the best you might be able to do is get hold of some text books, borrowing notes when you get back would be an awful workload.

Quick Reply

Latest