Turn on thread page Beta

Dream goal watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I want to become a games designer and I want to know what is required (apart from previous education in IT) so I can be fully prepared.
    I already do Art and I’m currently working on my creative writing so I can combine both with my IT skills to create a game in the future (far future) but I want to work on my Art (And IT) because it’s mostly self-taught since I didn’t get to do much art and missed some lessons and my GCSES in school because of the constant bullying that lead me to leave the school (temporally).

So I was wondering if any of you TSR(ers) know a site that can help me with improving my art and any IT related skills that contributes to my Dream goal.

I know a site called storybird that I visit to read and learn on improving my writing skills, an app called “Tapas” that’s like a manga/comic/book app and I was wondering if there were sites like that for Art and IT.

I know of Deviantart (Full of furries! Jk but there is a lot of furries art….) and of Codeacademy.

These are what my art work look like, sorry for the bad camera quality and some are incomplete. The drawing aren't good because I've picked up it back up recently and have drawn for almost a month now after dropping for 3 years.

But I’m aiming more around FFXIV (or general), LIS, KH and SK to mix and make my own style, since I like theirs. I don’t know to describe their artwork but let’s just say… it’s more “relaxed” piece of artwork.

As for my creative writing; I’ve written a short unfinished story titled “I thought” (Title will be changed in the future) that takes place near Katilane City in October the 7th, 2034.

The link to the unfinished story is here (The last paragraph is sloppy and I'm going to fix it up)
    Alex will be forgetting his encounter with the being that lives in the "mansion" since Alex is within the creatures domain, allowing the creature to manipulate the persons mind, environment and anything it wishes.

The story is through Alex’s perspective of an event that unfolds in a "mansion" within the “forgotten forest”.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I suck at drawing hair, body and drawing a full face (a face with all features) but I mostly suck at hair and full face, oh a female hair specially.

ReputationRep:
    BUMP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eriasu)
    BUMP
    BUMP? :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilverActor2033)
    BUMP? :O
    I thought I just got something helpful, thanks for killing my expectations. :s

ReputationRep:
    I see this site isn't going to provide me with answer so I'll try another. :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    Always wanted to be a Pilot for a reputable airline- Quantus or Ethiad or Emirates... Those are goals!

ReputationRep:
    You bump after 11 hours and then give up after not even 1 day.

From skimming your post I'm assuming you're young and you're not really sure what games design is other than drawing characters. You have plenty of time, but I suggest several big sessions of Googling. If you haven't even Googled, no one can help you.

ReputationRep:
    If you really want to be a game designer I suggest programming your own as soon as possible.
    (Unreal Engine 4 or Unity would be good engines to learn)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XOR_)
    If you really want to be a game designer I suggest programming your own as soon as possible.
    ^^this.
    Learn programming and design your own.
    There is enough training material and assets (esp for unity 5) to make your dream ideas come true.
    Then sell it on steam

ReputationRep:
    To become a dentist and also to travel around the world and make friends all over
    edit: lel didn't read the OP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoda123)
    To become a dentist and also to travel around the world and make friends all over
    You're an eejit.

ReputationRep:
    I thought I just got something helpful, thanks for killing my expectations. :s
    I would recommend looking at youtube tutorials on face/ eyes or anything else you need. I often look at previous works and have replicated double page spreads from manga like Bleach (first hollowification) and I've found that that had helped a lot.
    I used a project like this in my final art project - turning a girl in my class into an anime-stylized sleeping figure with a big ass dragon. :3

ReputationRep:
    I would recommend looking at youtube tutorials on face/ eyes or anything else you need. I often look at previous works and have replicated double page spreads from manga like Bleach (first hollowification) and I've found that that had helped a lot.
    I used a project like this in my final art project - turning a girl in my class into an anime-stylized sleeping figure with a big ass dragon. :3
    I know of those already and they don't help me that much but thank you for actually trying to help! I've thought of trying to replicate arts from manga and some of them were Bleach, Tokyo ghoul, Haikyuu, D-gray-man, One punch man, Noragami and persona 3 and 4.

Since you draw; what types of art styles do you purse? I often go for the modern anime/manga art and cartooning styles. Is art your hobby or something for career? or both?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    You bump after 11 hours and then give up after not even 1 day.

From skimming your post I'm assuming you're young and you're not really sure what games design is other than drawing characters. You have plenty of time, but I suggest several big sessions of Googling. If you haven't even Googled, no one can help you.
    I actually want to do more than draw characters. I've got the stories for a few so I want to the director of the game as well as draw characters, design the levels and such but thanks for your help.

(Original post by XOR_)
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    ^^this.
    Learn programming and design your own.
    There is enough training material and assets (esp for unity 5) to make your dream ideas come true.
    Then sell it on steam
    Thank you for your help guys!

ReputationRep:
    I know of those already and they don't help me that much but thank you for actually trying to help! I've thought of trying to replicate arts from manga and some of them were Bleach, Tokyo ghoul, Haikyuu, D-gray-man, One punch man, Noragami and persona 3 and 4.

Since you draw; what types of art styles do you purse? I often go for the modern anime/manga art and cartooning styles. Is art your hobby or something for career? or both?
    I love Bleach and as such I have kind of adapted Kubo's technique into my own. I kinda got really excited on reading this reply - not met anyone else who likes Bleach, Tokyo Ghoul and the Personas. :3 I definitely prefer the modern styles and I do want to eventually create my own manga but I doubt that it'll become an eventuality mainly due to my laziness XD
    Feel free to PM me at any point

ReputationRep:
    I love Bleach and as such I have kind of adapted Kubo's technique into my own. I kinda got really excited on reading this reply - not met anyone else who likes Bleach, Tokyo Ghoul and the Personas. :3 I definitely prefer the modern styles and I do want to eventually create my own manga but I doubt that it'll become an eventuality mainly due to my laziness XD
    Feel free to PM me at any point
    I can relate with bleach and Persona, it's underrated amongst my friends xD. I'm planning on creating my own novel/manga/book depending on the stories and turn them into a game but like you; my laziness gets the best of me xD I still haven't completed my first characters story and I have a lot of them! That's what I say to myself but evenutally I beat my laziness and try to finish my task o/

Sure! but I'm planning to go out now so maybe later today or tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    I can relate with bleach and Persona, it's underrated amongst my friends xD. I'm planning on creating my own novel/manga/book depending on the stories and turn them into a game but like you; my laziness gets the best of me xD I still haven't completed my first characters story and I have a lot of them! That's what I say to myself but evenutally I beat my laziness and try to finish my task o/

Sure! but I'm planning to go out now so maybe later today or tomorrow
    Certainly down for that :3
    I've had a single storyline running for ages that I still haven't gotten around to implementing ;-;
    It drives me crazy DX

ReputationRep:
    X
    Are you familiar with any game engines whatsoever?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Binary Freak)
    Are you familiar with any game engines whatsoever?
    No, not really :s

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.