Do you ever question the point of life?

Watch this thread
karl pilkington
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Sometimes when I am thinking a lot or being pensive I question the point of life. Kind of like what is the point of euro 2016 or the olympics what is the point of a levels etc
idontknowmedoyou
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
only every day of my life
Pulse.
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
You need to fill your time with something productive. I used to have these thoughts, there's no answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonymous #1
Report 5 years ago
Of course, how can you avoid these thoughs and why would you? It's your responsibility to question your very existence and find your purpose in life.
karl pilkington
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Of course, how can you avoid these thoughs and why would you? It's your responsibility to question your very existence and find your purpose in life.
I know my purpose is to replicate my DNA in a purely biological sense but I want to achieve more and I still find life inherently pointless as one day we will all be dead and gone.
Cascadess
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
The question is always there, because no one has a proper answer. I just fill my time with hobbies, projects, and events to keep my mind off of it :P
FrogLad
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I used to think about this alot, until I came to the conclusion that it is (from an objective POV) meaningless.
However, that means it's up to me to find my own subjective meanings and purpose. Those however, I've not managed to finalise yet.
Madgiddypig
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Does there need to be a point? :dontknow:
Asolare
Report 5 years ago
I've been and had my existential crises yes.

You'll find your own solution when tackling these problems, I turned to absurdist thought.
Anonymous #1
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by karl pilkington)
I know my purpose is to replicate my DNA in a purely biological sense but I want to achieve more and I still find life inherently pointless as one day we will all be dead and gone.
Are you an Atheist?
Zamestaneh
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I used to when I was Agnostic but not anymore
champ_mc99
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Stop thiinking or you'll turn into a religious fanatic like myself!
ODES_PDES
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by champ_mc99)
Stop thiinking or you'll turn into a religious fanatic like myself!
What religion?
drandy76
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
No, never

Posted from TSR Mobile
TheonlyMrsHolmes
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
All the time
champ_mc99
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ODES_PDES)
What religion?
Lol any.
EdwardBarfield9
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I do. I came to the conclusion, like many others have, that there is no meaning. Everything we do will one day be forgotten. Almost everyone dies without being remembered by anyone other than family and friends. Everything you've brought and/or made will be sold, lost, destroyed etc. Every skill you have acquired will no longer be needed when your dead. We fight to change things but history simply repeats itself and nothing changes.
hellodave5
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I strongly believe the purpose of life is to eat as many McDonalds chicken nuggets as possible.
Anonymous #2
Report 5 years ago
Yes, very much. Why do we do all this just to die anyway? But the answer is life. Life and its experiences is why we do this. There doesn't need to be a bigger reason. You can even make your own purpose like just being happy.
Sgt.Golden
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I don't really think I do, I just enjoy it as much as I can.. until it lasts.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
21.18%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
12.94%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.88%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (15)
17.65%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
20%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
22.35%

Watched Threads