Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    im gonna be doing human bio - which is basically biology jus 1 module is different,, how did you tackle this course, listening to your teacher is a good idea but wot if u dont understand what they have said? u cant keep on askin them to repeat it
    when u revise do you write notes, practice questions, read
    i know its differnt for a lot of people but plz say, i wanna get at least a B in this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BloBoy)
    im gonna be doing human bio - which is basically biology jus 1 module is different,, how did you tackle this course, listening to your teacher is a good idea but wot if u dont understand what they have said? u cant keep on askin them to repeat it
    i know its differnt for a lot of people but plz say, i wanna get at least a B in this
    at my college biology lessons were like school, the teacher did explain everything as well as making us copy notes from the ohp. so dont worry - u will understand the stuff as its not much different from gcse - just a lot more to learn. if u didnt know what was going on just get a revision guide or study from a textbook. thats what i did cause i neva listen in lessons and have had loads of absences so ive just taught myself a lot of stuff from revision guides

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    at my college biology lessons were like school, the teacher did explain everything as well as making us copy notes from the ohp. so dont worry - u will understand the stuff as its not much different from gcse - just a lot more to learn. if u didnt know what was going on just get a revision guide or study from a textbook. thats what i did cause i neva listen in lessons and have had loads of absences so ive just taught myself a lot of stuff from revision guides
    but just out of interest luv wot grade did you get and did you put in all your effort? im goin to be working really hard for this one AS level in bio

ReputationRep:
    if you don't understand then of course you can ask the teacher again, thats what they're there for. or get a revision guide- the syllabus specs are good cos they sum up everything you need to know in the bare minimum, once you've covered that you can learn more about that particular topic to expand your knowledge on it.

ReputationRep:
    Just keep going over things until you know them.

ReputationRep:
    Buy a decent revision book. There are often several topics that you should know off by heart.

For example, nerve impulses. Write down a step by step guide of how an impulse travels along a nerve and learn it.

ReputationRep:
    but just out of interest luv wot grade did you get and did you put in all your effort? im goin to be working really hard for this one AS level in bio
    its possible for any1 to get an A if they put all of their effort into it, but i messed about lol and ended up with an appauling D. the content is easy if u concentrate and learn all of the stuff - also u need a good exam technique

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    its possible for any1 to get an A if they put all of their effort into it, but i messed about lol and ended up with an appauling D. the content is easy if u concentrate and learn all of the stuff - also u need a good exam technique
    a D aint appauling wot u on about love? you need some counselling! its an as level remember
    gud exam technique such as wot, with physics you could say assume a value for a part of an answer and use it to gain marks in the next bit of the question, as well as mark allocations

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm at my school the teachers tend to digress a little! If you are doing Edexcel, the Nelson books will save your skin!!! Usually the notes in there would be as if not more complete than your class notes; so if you have trouble undestanding try visualising what teachers say in class and scribbling notes to help you understand instead of brainless copying. However the administration may have problems with that =) Don't worry too much because A/S is mostly a memory test. Try to do work during summer holidays for A2 though, I heard that is quite a pickle!

ReputationRep:
    specification specific text books are the best

ReputationRep:
    if you don't understand something during class, approach your teacher during lunchtime/breaktime- i'm sure they'll be more than happy to help you.
    do you know what your exam board is? you will most likely be issued with a book- that may not be enough so you may have to borrow more detailed books from your town library. you may find the initial jump to AS a big jump- biology is the longest science so yeah it is difficult but with effort you can get through it.
    a must is to do as many past papers as possible, and go over each paper with a markscheme- the teacher may go over some papers with the whole class. if you are unsure about answers ask to borrow the markscheme during study periods/go over it with teacher/usethe markscheme to write soem extra notes- especially for the long 7 or 8 mark questions. this Mark Scheme fella is pretty good you know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hihihihi)
    this Mark Scheme fella is pretty good you know.
    Though often he is sometimes scientifically incorrect at certain issues

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Though often he is sometimes scientifically incorrect at certain issues
    lol @ he

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.