Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there. I received an accomodation offer for Angel Lane and I was wondering how many people received an offer for Angel Lane? In addition, does anybody know how far Angel Lane is? On Google Maps, it seems to be far from the campus but the accomodation page says it is 19mins with the subway.

ReputationRep:
    Hey there! I'm an international student and have received an offer for Angel Lane. I'll be studying at the Guys Campus, which is around 25 mins away by Tube.

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'll be at Strand Campus, which seems to be 5-6 mins shorter than Guys Campus by tube. Very excited to meet you all there!

ReputationRep:
    I also got an offer for Angel Lane, I had a look at google maps when I got the offer and it showed a total journey time of about 30 minutes, it shows the actual time on the tube is only ~20 minutes, but there is 10+ minutes of walking to/from the stations, I guess if you walk fast it would only take about 25 minutes

ReputationRep:
    Not that far I guess

ReputationRep:
    I lived at Angel Lane in my 1st year, so I can say that it's quite good in terms of commute to Strand and Waterloo campuses. Stratford tube station is literally 3 mins away from the residence. If you take Central line, you can get to Strand in 25-30 min (I'd also highly recommend taking a bus rather than walking from Holborn to Somerset house when in a rush as it saves you 5-7 mins). If you take Jubilee line to Waterloo station, it's 25-30 mins to Waterloo campus and 30-35 mins to Strand (but the train is always empty at the start of your journey as Stratford is the outermost station for Jubilee line, which is very different from Central line that is just hell during rush hour).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey! My sister is about to start a course which will be based at Strand campus and she has been offered accommodation at Angel Lane in Stratford and Julian Markham in Elephant and Castle. I know you may not know much about the latter one but how did you find living at Angel Lane? You mentioned the commute wasn't too bad...any other pros/cons? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I am also curious of pros/cons of Angel Lane. From the pictures it is a lovely and fresh place to live

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 22, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.