Turn on thread page Beta

Access to HE humanities watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I'm new on here, I'm returning to education as a mature student, has anyone studied the Access to higher education humanities course?

ReputationRep:
    I just completed the Humanities course so can try and help with any questions you have!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, thanks for the reply. What books did you study for English Lang/ lit?

ReputationRep:
    We studied Frankenstein, Persuasion and Othello, however, I have a feeling that it may be different depending on where you do the course (I'm not too sure on that) but that'll give you an idea of the books/plays that may pop up.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! Good luck with the rest of your studies 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stokey360)
    Hi, thanks for the reply. What books did you study for English Lang/ lit?
    I did this last year. I studied Streetcar named desire, Caroline Duffy poems, Shakespeare sonnets and The great gatsby

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay so it looks like a few variations, where did you study?

ReputationRep:
    I just finished an Access Humanities + Social Science course! We did assorted poems and short stories, a film called Brassed Off, Othello, and Wuthering Heights for English Literature. Where are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm in Cheshire and it will be south Cheshire college that I'm going to 😊

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm in Cheshire and it will be south Cheshire college that I'm going to 😊
    Hi! You aren't near me so unlikely to be identical stuff, but you could always email your course leader to ask? I read a lot of the stuff before the course started over the summer, and it was really helpful to have a decent knowledge of it all, especially when things got more intense after Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your reply, yes, I will ask the tutor when I go for my interview. Good luck with the rest of your studies 😊

ReputationRep:
    Good luck with the rest of your studies 😊
    Thank you! Best of luck

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.