Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I'm new on here, I'm returning to education as a mature student, has anyone studied the Access to higher education humanities course?

ReputationRep:
    I just completed the Humanities course so can try and help with any questions you have!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, thanks for the reply. What books did you study for English Lang/ lit?

ReputationRep:
    We studied Frankenstein, Persuasion and Othello, however, I have a feeling that it may be different depending on where you do the course (I'm not too sure on that) but that'll give you an idea of the books/plays that may pop up.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! Good luck with the rest of your studies 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stokey360)
    Hi, thanks for the reply. What books did you study for English Lang/ lit?
    I did this last year. I studied Streetcar named desire, Caroline Duffy poems, Shakespeare sonnets and The great gatsby

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay so it looks like a few variations, where did you study?

ReputationRep:
    I just finished an Access Humanities + Social Science course! We did assorted poems and short stories, a film called Brassed Off, Othello, and Wuthering Heights for English Literature. Where are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm in Cheshire and it will be south Cheshire college that I'm going to 😊

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm in Cheshire and it will be south Cheshire college that I'm going to 😊
    Hi! You aren't near me so unlikely to be identical stuff, but you could always email your course leader to ask? I read a lot of the stuff before the course started over the summer, and it was really helpful to have a decent knowledge of it all, especially when things got more intense after Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your reply, yes, I will ask the tutor when I go for my interview. Good luck with the rest of your studies 😊

ReputationRep:
    Good luck with the rest of your studies 😊
    Thank you! Best of luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.