Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys, do you REALLY hate lipstick on girls? Watch

I always hear guys say they hate bright red, pink etc. lipstick on girls which is fair enough because they like a natural look.

However I get a bit of attention when I go out but when I wear these colours instead of a nude lip or something I get LOADS. I don't dress slutty btw :lol: Nor do I have Kylie Jenner lips, in fact my features and face are quite small. I do have tanned skin because Im Asian though, so maybe the colours look nice.

Guys, do you really hate lipstick on girls?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah Cus there's a 8/10 chance you'll look like pingu

ReputationRep:
    It gets my attention, but I still don't like it.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    Brb just going to admire my collection of lipsticks and remember that I buy them for me and don't give a **** what guys think

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've never really paid much attention to it, but I think brightly coloured lipstick probably would be a bit off putting

ReputationRep:
    Well it's the woman's choice with what she wants to wear, not someone else's opinion. I prefer subtle colours, but if put on well different shades of red such as dark crimson can look good. But anyway a woman should choose what she wants

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I always hear guys say they hate bright red, pink etc. lipstick on girls which is fair enough because they like a natural look.

However I get a bit of attention when I go out but when I wear these colours instead of a nude lip or something I get LOADS. I don't dress slutty btw :lol: Nor do I have Kylie Jenner lips, in fact my features and face are quite small. I do have tanned skin because Im Asian though, so maybe the colours look nice.

Guys, do you really hate lipstick on girls?
    I love it. Makes them look so sexy. But not dark blue green and those odd colours. A nice pink or red

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lipstick is great when applied correctly. But the colours depend on the shade of your skin and the colour of your hair. I know girls who have very pale skin, blonde hair and wear bright pink lipstick and it's just nope. You can pull off the deep colours better with olive/dark skin and glossy types with paler complexions.

ReputationRep:
    Darker lipsticks are damn sexy!

However most girls don't really have a clue with lipstick. Unless you're going for the pinup look for example, don't go for bright red... it just looks silly.

ReputationRep:
    I hate it when it gets all over my ****...

Spoiler:
    Show
    Serious answer: I don't mind lipstick, but as with all makeup I think it depends on the individual. Some girls look great without it, some girls look great with it. It also depends on their application, color etc.

ReputationRep:
    On the right girl, bright red lipstick can look really attractive to me. It's on a person by person basis though, one colour on one girl could look terrible on another. I guess it's just trial and error if girls want my approval ;D

ReputationRep:
    Me =
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...ea03bbd47e.jpg

ReputationRep:
    If you can match under tones and colours of lipsticks to your skin tone then it looks brilliant.

Problem is every girl thinks you can wear any colour. Another issue is statement eyes vs statement lip. I see girls with smokey eyes and statement lipsticks, too much!

It's also about matching your lipstick to the colours in the rest of your make up, and your outfit. Girls just aren't smart with their lipstick

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend wants me to wear more lipstick because he thinks the red or dark purple I wear once in a blue moon is sexy...so I'd say no

ReputationRep:
    Agreed that dark lipstick looks hot af... up to a certain point (can't be dealin with black)

If it's bright then yeah it looks childish and weird.

ReputationRep:
    I don't care about the cosmetic reasons. Cos I can see a pretty and ugly girl behind that stuff.

My main issue is, it's hell to taste and kiss and clean the smears off everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritSharD)
    I hate it when it gets all over my ****...
    hehe
    nah it is a pain in the balls when it gets everywhere
    that's why birds need special cloths to get it off themselves

guys do u prefer natural??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    guys do u prefer natural??
    I like lipstick. Red lipstick on some girls is sexy AF. Incredibly messy though if you're getting jiggy. Still remember on my first night out everyone laughing at me cause I'd been snogging a girl with dark red lipstick and unbeknownst to me (or maybe I didn't care cause I was off my f***ing nut), I was walking around with a face and collar full of cherry red stuff :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
    I like lipstick. Red lipstick on some girls is sexy AF.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whNW0NxfA2A

eden3 ClearSky II

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 6, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.