Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey, Im hopefully starting at swansea on the bay campus in september and I was just wondering what the surf scene is like there? I moved here from australia and really cant wait to get back on some waves!

I have been on an open day and 'popped' down to rhosilli, which seemed decent but is probably too far for regular trips especially if I am not bringing my car to uni, but I did hear about langland being around the corner, is this comparable to rhosilli/any good?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hello qpwoei1226,

Thank you for your message and I'm pleased to hear you will be starting with us in September. We have some spectacular beaches in our local area - as you mentioned, Rhossili is an ideal beach for surfing but is around 40 minute drive from Swansea city centre. I would recommend Langland or Caswell Bay for surfing, which is around a 15 minute drive from the city centre (near the village of Mumbles) There are more regular bus links to Langland and Caswell as well if you don't have a car. This link is useful and shows a lot of good surfing locations in the South Wales area - http://www.visitwales.com/things-to-...each-locations

If you have any other questions please let me know!

(Original post by qpwoei1226)
    hey, Im hopefully starting at swansea on the bay campus in september and I was just wondering what the surf scene is like there? I moved here from australia and really cant wait to get back on some waves!

I have been on an open day and 'popped' down to rhosilli, which seemed decent but is probably too far for regular trips especially if I am not bringing my car to uni, but I did hear about langland being around the corner, is this comparable to rhosilli/any good?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.