Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My course is maths and I'm not sure of what I should take. I have a rough idea but I guess I'm just panicking. If anyone can help me, then please do! Thanks.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by little_one_-)
    My course is maths and I'm not sure of what I should take. I have a rough idea but I guess I'm just panicking. If anyone can help me, then please do! Thanks.
    i feel exactly the same. I feel like a calculator is probably a good idea, maybe a graphics one but im not sure... Does your uni not give you a list on its website?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    i feel exactly the same. I feel like a calculator is probably a good idea, maybe a graphics one but im not sure... Does your uni not give you a list on its website?
    Yeah, I'll be taking my basics (calculator, pens, paper) just not sure if i should buy folders or any of that stuff. and if i should, then how many. i haven't really found anything on the website but i suppose i'll just check again.

ReputationRep:
    Im doing maths as well and probably will just bring a basic pencil case and then buy paper when i get there / a folder to save space
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Yeah, I'll be taking my basics (calculator, pens, paper) just not sure if i should buy folders or any of that stuff. and if i should, then how many. i haven't really found anything on the website but i suppose i'll just check again.
    I'm not sure if I need folders too. I used them for A-levels but never looked back at them...

ReputationRep:
    Folders Probs good idea to organise notes for different modules etc, normal calculator should be fine afaik, pens, notes etc obvs, laptop/tablet/desktop all I can think of atm

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ESSENTIAL
    -Calculator (check your unis exam regulations first as then you can make sure to buy one you can use in exams).
    -Pens (you need at least one bright colour to annotate notes, I just used red biros)
    -Pencils, Ruler, Sharpener, Rubber (for drawing graphs and diagrams)
    -Paper (you will need this to hand in tutorial answers even if you write your notes in a book)
    -Clear Pencil Case (so you can use it in exams)

RECOMMENDED
    -Exercise books /folder (I prefer writing notes in exercise books so they stay together, you could also use a folder instead. You will want to refer to notes from previous modules throughout your degree so at least keep them organised until you graduate)
    -Laptop
    - At least one good exam pen in blue or black (so a very smooth gel pen or a fountain pen, depending on your preference, something you can write with for ages!)
    -Academic Diary

USEFUL
    -Highlighters
    -Lever Arch folder (collate notes at the end of each term into a bigger folder for future reference)
    -Box folder or document wallet (for important documents like Student Loans letters, etc)
    -Cheap Tablet (so you can read PDFs / powerpoints on the go, you could also use a smartphone or a small laptop)

Source: just graduated and I found all this stuff very useful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monkyvirus)
    ESSENTIAL
    -Calculator (check your unis exam regulations first as then you can make sure to buy one you can use in exams).
    -Pens (you need at least one bright colour to annotate notes, I just used red biros)
    -Pencils, Ruler, Sharpener, Rubber (for drawing graphs and diagrams)
    -Paper (you will need this to hand in tutorial answers even if you write your notes in a book)
    -Clear Pencil Case (so you can use it in exams)

RECOMMENDED
    -Exercise books /folder (I prefer writing notes in exercise books so they stay together, you could also use a folder instead. You will want to refer to notes from previous modules throughout your degree so at least keep them organised until you graduate)
    -Laptop
    - At least one good exam pen in blue or black (so a very smooth gel pen or a fountain pen, depending on your preference, something you can write with for ages!)
    -Academic Diary

USEFUL
    -Highlighters
    -Lever Arch folder (collate notes at the end of each term into a bigger folder for future reference)
    -Box folder or document wallet (for important documents like Student Loans letters, etc)
    -Cheap Tablet (so you can read PDFs / powerpoints on the go, you could also use a smartphone or a small laptop)

Source: just graduated and I found all this stuff very useful!
    Thanks for the indepth list ; I think this will be helpful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    Thanks for the indepth list ; I think this will be helpful
    http://www.savethestudent.org/accomm...niversity.html

This list would be worth looking at

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.