Turn on thread page Beta

pros and cons of relationships watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    what's so good about being single?

what's so good about being in a relationship?

can people propose good points for both of those?

ReputationRep:
    single- the freedom to do what you want when you want, without feeling guilty that you're leaving somebody out or neglecting somebody. also the freedom to flirt with other guys

however can be accompanied by feelings of loneliness every now and again, especially in trivial things, eg, when you haven't got anyone to go to the cinema with, or go ut for a meal with etc.

attached- the happiness and security of being with someone you care about a lot, and being able to share important things in your life with them

however some people can feel restricted by this, especially if it isn't the right person for them.

i'm sure there's more pros and cons, these are just the main ones off the top of my head.

ReputationRep:
    Good things about being single are its cheap although one could argue that you waste your money getting drunk all the time in a bid to meet someone or something, your free to look at other girls and stuff, you can do what you want and you don't have to change any aspect of your personality/lifestyle; like my ex g/f kept trying to change what clothes I wear and stuff. You also feel more included when going out with your mates who are single but on the other hand when they all get girlfriends and your single, you feel left out.

Good things about relationships are you have someone who cares about you and stuff and you don't have the hazzle of waiting to meet someone/feeling lonely. You usually meet new people through their friends/family and learn new things as well.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.