What is David Cameron's legacy? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: what is david cameron's legacy
    an unfortunate incident involving a dead pig
    56.36%
    letting us leave the european union
    43.64%

ReputationRep:
    On his last day as Prime Minister, how will you remember him?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'll remember him as a moron. History will remember his as the man who needlessly took the UK out of the EU and caused the breakup of the UK. The ultimate political opportunist who sowed the seeds of his own downfall.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    :oink:

(Original post by tanyapotter)
    The man who copulated with a dead pig's head

ReputationRep:
    A Tory.

Violated a pig.

Skanked disabled people as soon as he won the election.

Called the referendum which as a result of people died and everyone turned in on eachother and became racist.

Went back home at the end of the day/his time at number 10 and whistled as though all he'd been doing all along was delivering milk to a local neighbourhood rather than ****ing up the country as his day job.

ReputationRep:
    I'll remember him fondly.

A fine man who won the conservative party their first majority since 1992. Reformed and modernised the party, and led a good job-creating government. Restored the Conservatives as the natural party of government, and did a good job as leader of the Conservatives for 11 years and Prime Minister for 6.

I do think calling the referendum was foolish, but whether that will tarnish his legacy will depend entirely on what happens in the next few years so I will reserve judgement on that.

ReputationRep:
    History will probably remember him as a reformer who brought some kind of social conscience to the Tory Party (or tried anyway) and gave the UK 3 referendums in 5 years.

Although history will probably end up quite kind to him as a person, it won't look too fondly upon him for individual policies and he may be noted as being weak. Indeed, i suspect that Cameron let loose with the full backing of MP's would have been more successful.

ReputationRep:
    A man who despite not agreeing with a view let the people decide.

ReputationRep:
    Just as Iraq overshadowed much of the good stuff Blair did Cameron will be judged by the outcome of the referendum which right now is unknown.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    Just as Iraq overshadowed much of the good stuff Blair did Cameron will be judged by the outcome of the referendum which right now is unknown.
    Do you not think that it will be Theresa May who is known for whatever happens following the Brexit vote, since Cameron quit almost immediately afterwards?

ReputationRep:
    Do you not think that it will be Theresa May who is known for whatever happens following the Brexit vote, since Cameron quit almost immediately afterwards?
    Theresa May to a certain extent is on a roller coaster that just started its free-fall. Despite what people might say I don't think she will have much power to make huge differences in policy. If she wants in on the European common market, she will have to accept immigration. If she wants out she will have to accept difficult economic times. She is in a bit of a lose lose situation as their are high expectations of her from the Brexit camp which in all likelihood, no one can actually deliver.

I note that Boris, Gove and all the other Brexiteers are no where to be seen. It is almost like May has been put up as the fall guy.

ReputationRep:
    The devastating of Brexit and needlessly destroying the UK. It will overshadow all of the stuff he has done previously. Brexit will be the thing you won't be able to have a conversation about David Cameron without it coming up much like Blair and Iraq. All his previous actions are small compared to this.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    Theresa May to a certain extent is on a roller coaster that just started its free-fall. Despite what people might say I don't think she will have much power to make huge differences in policy. If she wants in on the European common market, she will have to accept immigration. If she wants out she will have to accept difficult economic times. She is in a bit of a lose lose situation as their are high expectations of her from the Brexit camp which in all likelihood, no one can actually deliver.

I note that Boris, Gove and all the other Brexiteers are no where to be seen. It is almost like May has been put up as the fall guy.
    Gove may be Home Sec. Davis may be leading the negotiations. Grayling has been her key ally.

In fairness to Boris, Gove fired a torpedo straight at him which crippled him.

Farage and Leadsom have gone but their no big loss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Gove may be Home Sec. Davis may be leading the negotiations. Grayling has been her key ally.

In fairness to Boris, Gove fired a torpedo straight at him which crippled him.

Farage and Leadsom have gone but their no big loss.
    True. I can't help feeling though, she has been set up. Anyone in her position has kind of been set up to fail. She can't deliver on Brexit. No one can. But her Remain credentials will be used to beat her soundly when she is unable to reduce immigration.

ReputationRep:
    "C3PO made of ham."

ReputationRep:
    Leaving the EU, unfortunately.

I feel he was, in general, a good and competent Prime Minister. But leaving the EU is such a massive change that that will probably be what he is remember for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chief Wiggum)
    Leaving the EU, unfortunately.

I feel he was, in general, a good and competent Prime Minister. But leaving the EU is such a massive change that that will probably be what he is remember for.
    I wonder if he ever imagined that the last act of his career would be allowing the country to vote to leave

ReputationRep:
    An average prime minister

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Being a pig ****er.

I actually felt almost sorry for him in the end(despite hating the Tories).

ReputationRep:
    Let's remind ourselves what David Cameron has managed to achieve:

- Turned the British economy into one of the fastest growing in the western world.
    - Attracted more ethnic minority voters in 2015 than any other western conservative party.
    - Legalised same-sex marriage.
    - Has made the Conservative Party the second largest and fastest growing party in Scotland.
    - Managed to win an overall majority for a conservative government since 1992.
    - He managed to win an overall majority in 2015 despite the polls and growing support for UKIP.
    - He took Britain out of the war in Afghanistan.
    - Defied his party and his own beliefs and acted in the interests of the nation in holding two democratic referendums.

But, of course, you don't care about the aforementioned. Let's all giggle about his supposed ****ing a pig...

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.