Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Where it is income based, does it mean that a higher income household will receive less or that you get the same but have to pay back more (as opposed to having non repayable grant).

My father is self employed so each year is different but if it means that one year I receive a smaller amount I'll be stuck. However if it just means that I have less of a grant and just have to pay back more of the loan I'll be happy. Quite confused.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Grants don't exist any more.

Income based = Higher household income, means less loan. Some of the loan isn't income based and some is based on where you study.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Grants don't exist any more.

Income based = Higher household income, means less loan. Some of the loan isn't income based and some is based on where you study.
    Welsh students still get a grant.

What I mean is will have a smaller amount given or does everyone get the same amount just differs by how much you pay back. Seems as if you get a smaller amount but a friend said everyone gets the same and now I'm confused

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.