Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Righto, as the title states, I'm having problems with the family puppy. The thing is about a year old now, and I'm not entirely sure what the season is for a female dog to be on heat. Ya see... the little mutt is indeed a female, and her genitalia seems to have swollen to more than twice the size any of us can remember it being. Should I give into my girlfriends panic and take it to the vet, or is this just one of those perfectly natural things? (I generally get em desexed after three months of owning them is all) If this is a vet thing, any ideas on what it is? If the mutt is on heat, any ideas on how long a puppy is on heat for? Please remember that I'm Australian, not British, and we are basically the reverse of you guys in terms of the seasons, timezones etc.

Awaiting replies.

ReputationRep:
    ummm does this help?

http://www.pets.ca/pettips/tips-57.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by operato)
    ummm does this help?

http://www.pets.ca/pettips/tips-57.htm
    Yeah mate, worked wonders thanks. Will rep you when I next have the chance. Have fun, and post in good health .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Yeah mate, worked wonders thanks. Will rep you when I next have the chance. Have fun, and post in good health .
    thanks, the internet does wonders.

ReputationRep:
    Nah dont worry, just be prepared for it to bleed all over your carpets/furniture.

ReputationRep:
    Might be having a phantom pregnancy like one of my dogs had.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.