This discussion is closed.
Sire
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Righto, as the title states, I'm having problems with the family puppy. The thing is about a year old now, and I'm not entirely sure what the season is for a female dog to be on heat. Ya see... the little mutt is indeed a female, and her genitalia seems to have swollen to more than twice the size any of us can remember it being. Should I give into my girlfriends panic and take it to the vet, or is this just one of those perfectly natural things? (I generally get em desexed after three months of owning them is all) If this is a vet thing, any ideas on what it is? If the mutt is on heat, any ideas on how long a puppy is on heat for? Please remember that I'm Australian, not British, and we are basically the reverse of you guys in terms of the seasons, timezones etc.

Awaiting replies.
operato
Report 15 years ago
ummm does this help?

http://www.pets.ca/pettips/tips-57.htm
Sire
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by operato)
ummm does this help?

http://www.pets.ca/pettips/tips-57.htm
Yeah mate, worked wonders thanks. Will rep you when I next have the chance. Have fun, and post in good health .
operato
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Yeah mate, worked wonders thanks. Will rep you when I next have the chance. Have fun, and post in good health .
thanks, the internet does wonders.
thenarbisbanned
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Nah dont worry, just be prepared for it to bleed all over your carpets/furniture.
Chubb
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Might be having a phantom pregnancy like one of my dogs had.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you're planning on going to uni this year, would any of these financial reasons stop you?

Not being able to work now to save up for uni (92)
13.94%
Reduced household income due to coronavirus means I can't afford to go (54)
8.18%
Lack of part-time jobs to support me while I'm at uni (85)
12.88%
Lack of graduate job prospects when I finish uni (79)
11.97%
Other reasons are stopping me going (84)
12.73%
Nothing is stopping me going (266)
40.3%

Watched Threads